Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: good and "cheap" airline for shipping pet to UK from USA unaccompanied  (Read 5340 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone know of a good reasonably priced airline that will ship my dog over at a later date unaccompanied? shipping from Orlando to London...i have the PETS certificate but need to settle in first..

• Money can't buy me, luv
    • My Myspace Profile
Re: good and "cheap" airline for shipping pet to UK from USA unaccompanied
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 12:03:02 AM »
I don't know if Delta goes to the UK,  but I have flown dogs on them many times and they have been fine.
The have a special program for pets.
Cheers,
Ellie
"Oh look, a beckoning digit!"

Re: good and "cheap" airline for shipping pet to UK from USA unaccompanied
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 09:10:58 AM »
Hi Ellie,
I think you have to accompany your pets when they come to the UK. I flew my two cats over from the US on Continental last year (Tulsa to Houston to Gatwick) on the PETS program. The airline treated them so well; their carriers were clean and they were calm and relaxed when I picked them up at Gatwick. Good luck!

I have moved to the UK in mar of 2005. My dog however still resides in KY. I am so afraid things will not go well and she will get stuck in the quarantine. I have gotten her micro chipped, the vaccine, the blood test. I have not yet gotten to the part of getting her pet certificate. I am unsure about the pet certificate. Is this something i get from the vet in the states? or Here? I need any helpful information. I have checked out the defra site and it is under going changes. I have also called them back when i started the process when i was in the states. I would like for her to be shipped to me. I don't know who to go through. I need any previous experience info. Any info will be helpful. I have found this site to be very helpful. A friend from back in the states use to be in the military and she hooked me up.

jsayegh
Back Home,
JSayegh

By the way I don't think good and cheap are allowed in the same sentence. I have run across one for 525.00 dollars for my dog size and wieght. http://www.lntpettransport.com/pet-transport-rates.htm
The other i hope to check out is the passport for pets. http://www.passportforpets.com
You have probably already checked it out. I am afraid cheap is not in the vocabulary of shipping a person's best companion. I hope you find what you are looking for. I too need info. Let me know how it goes.

Jsayegh
Back Home,
JSayegh

I don't know if Delta goes to the UK,  but I have flown dogs on them many times and they have been fine.

Pretty sure you have to use a PETS approved carrier (though my info. may be out of date as I looked into it about a year ago and ended up re-homing my cat due to the price tag involved...  :\\\'( ) But Delta I don't think was one of them.... Continental is affiliated with Virgin and I do know that Virgin is approved. I've always had really good luck with Virgin in the service and helpfulness department, and also find that their prices to fly humans are quite competitive. Good luck!

It must be a PETS approved route.  Newark to Heathrow for nine kilos - that includes the weight of the pet and the Large Vari-kennel - was $332.36 on Virgin Cargo.   Their offices in Lake Success NY were a dream to deal with - best of luck.

• Does my bum look big in this?
I didn't think that you could ship your pet unaccompanied....can you?  That might make a difference as to what we decide to do with Hamish.  (Right now the plan is for my folks to 'adopt' her.)
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

Virgin will take pets unaccompanied - just ask them.  I wish we could have gotten frequent flyer miles!! We ended up with 3 transatlantics for 6 pets in all.  We were the first to fly ferrets out of Newark to LHR, so that was cool.  You should have seen them -looking around, not a clue they were getting on a plane, just happy to be out and about!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Virgin will take pets unaccompanied - just ask them. I wish we could have gotten frequent flyer miles!! We ended up with 3 transatlantics for 6 pets in all. We were the first to fly ferrets out of Newark to LHR, so that was cool. You should have seen them -looking around, not a clue they were getting on a plane, just happy to be out and about!

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/frequentflyer/fcnewsfeatures/nf_flying_paws.jsp
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

I can't believe it - frequent flier points for pets!  The program started May 1st, so we don't qualify.  The pets get a treat, too.  Dogs get a doggy T-shirt, Cats get a silver ID Tag - and get this:  Ferrets get a BOMBER JACKET!  How cool would that have been?  PS - when I spoke to Virgin - they had suspended Ferret travel over concern they would get loose in cargo and get into wiring.  So we actually have the first and last Virgin Yankee ferrets.  I told them they are famous now, but they just started licking my nose!

• Hi there.
    • Trophy Pet Foods
By the way I don't think good and cheap are allowed in the same sentence. I have run across one for 525.00 dollars for my dog size and wieght. http://www.lntpettransport.com/pet-transport-rates.htm
The other i hope to check out is the passport for pets. http://www.passportforpets.com
You have probably already checked it out. I am afraid cheap is not in the vocabulary of shipping a person's best companion. I hope you find what you are looking for. I too need info. Let me know how it goes.

Jsayegh

Aren't those just services that "help" you with the process, which would, by nature, be more expensive than doing it yourself?? That first one is only within the US anyway.

I agree, though about cheap-don't think you are going to find it. Only a few carriers are approved from the states, and they are all similar, I bet. Virgin is cheaper than BA, but they dont fly out of Chicago.:(
"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included."-Steven Wright

American Airlines have suspended travel to UK for pets. The only transporting airline i can find is British Ariways Cargo. For me looks like i  have to drive my dog to O'Hare air port.
Yes, BA says the animal can fly unaccompanied. Still working more details. But, plan to fly home to KY end of this month and after the 7th of Aug hopefully drive dog to O'Hare and send dog to London heathrow. Hubby to pick up.
Wish me luck and all goes well.
If anyone knows any thing new let me know.
Back Home,
JSayegh

• Hi there.
    • Trophy Pet Foods
American suspended pet travel because they no longer are certified under the PETS scheme-they failed some evaluations-i don't know what.

The people at the BA cargo office at OHare are wonderful-I can get you the # if you'd like. She said they are kept in air-conditioned offices until 1 hour before the flight.

I am in Chicago, so if you need any help. let me know
"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included."-Steven Wright

i just confirmed a quote for flight if anyone wants to know $994.32 out of chicago after the 7t of Aug.
Back Home,
JSayegh

Sponsored Links