Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Biometrics mistake  (Read 308 times)

• Liked: 1
Biometrics mistake
« on: October 30, 2014, 05:09:32 PM »
Hi.

My wife completed the online application and then set up the biometrics appointment. We didn't realise until she was at the meeting that on the conformation letter for the appointment was her old passport number from her passport before we got married. The lady at the meeting still took her biometrics and stamped her paperwork but she changed the number on the biometrics confirmation letter by hand in red ink.
We are a bit worried now as we are not sure if this was our mistake as we can not remember if we had to put her details in whilst setting up the biometrics appointment. The online application has printed with the correct passport number and all other paperwork regarding passport numbers is correct, we are just not sure if this will be an issue or if the passport number difference between the application forms and the confirmation letter will be recorded anywhere electronically.

Any advice will be welcome.

Thank you.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Biometrics mistake
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 05:13:05 PM »
I think you are okay.  If something is incorrect, UKVI will contact you.  This isn't something that would cause a refusal, just a bit of admin.

• Liked: 0
Re: Biometrics mistake
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:18:32 PM »
It doesn't sound like it would be an issue - I think it would be a bigger problem if the application had the wrong number on it, but you said that was the correct number.

I agree that you will be contacted if there is a problem. I also think that they would not have taken your biometrics in the first place if it was going to be a big problem and you said she changed it with red ink so that's a positive.

Just wait and see if anyone gets in touch with you.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab