Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Just went to Biometrics appointment. Anyone know about the new shipping methods?  (Read 23346 times)

• Liked: 4
I just got back from my Biometrics appointment and they gave me an information sheet that says to purchase your shipping labels from VFSglobal. She said she literally just got the new update right before I came in. Just wanted to see if anyone else came across this too.
First Met-March 22 2013
Started dating-March 25 2013
Engaged-June 30 2014
Married-December 27 2014
Application submitted-January 30 2015
Biometrics-February 5 2015
Documents sent-February 9 2015
Documents recieved at Sheffield- February 11 2015
Visa decision email-February 24 2015
Visa received-February 26 2015
Flights booked-March 4 2015

• Liked: 85
We just did biometrics yesterday in boston, the info sheet they gave us had the details for using USPS or UPS.  When we were paying for the priority service I noticed an option for courier services but I was not sure about that as we had never read about it on here, so we sent ours by UPS it is due to be delivered in the morning.
Online Application Spouse Visa - 27 Jan 2015
Visa Received - 16 Feb 2015
FLR(M) In-Person  (Approved)- 4 Jan 2018
ILR (M) Approval - 23 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) - 28 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) APPROVED!!!!! - 10 Feb 2021
Citizenship ceremony - 10 June 2021

• Liked: 0
To be honest, using UPS or FedEx works just fine. Im not aware of the new shipping labels being advertised. I did my biometrix just last week in L.A. and nothing was handed to me as far as shipping instruction. For me, FedEx comes the cheapest. It cost me $130 international priority which is 3 days vs $160 if I used UPS.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:20:20 AM by JaySoCal »
Applied Marriage Visitor Visa - May 26, 2014
Biometrix - June 02, 2014
Visa Granted - June 23, 2014
Arrived in UK - August 02, 2014
Married - October 10, 2014
Left UK - December 27, 2014
-----after much consideration, we decided that its best to settle in the UK for the mean time----
Applied Civil Partnership Visa - January 29, 2015
Biometrix - February 03, 2015
Packet Received by Sheffield - February 06, 2015
Assigned to an ECO - February 12, 2015
Decision made. Visa was shipped back - March 06, 2015
Packet Received - March 09, 201

• Liked: 149
I sure hope someone clears all this up in the next two months........
Fred

• Liked: 1
I recently had biometrics appt. in Manhattan (1-28-15)and they did not provide the new shipping info, but I did see it on the menu when I logged onto VFS global to pay for my PRIORITY settlement visa. Choices were 'round trip' or 'one way' courier service. I DID purchase the one way return label from them just because it was so simple. Printed it out, and included it with my application. It was simply a UPS return label, cost was $134.00. My one way UPS label that I purchased to SEND the package on my own was only $84.00. So, VFS perhaps a little pricier but very easy to do and does not require getting a UPS account. You CANNOT purchase priority service and later add the shipping option, however. They will have to cancel your transaction (took two days) and you will need to start over.
BTW they received my application in Sheffield on 2-2-15 and still have not made a decision.

• Liked: 537
Just realize that you can send your documents to the UKVI by Fedex, but they won't return them to you the same way. UKVI will only ship with UPS or DHL, they changed it in late 2014.

The easiest thing to do is to make a UPS account and include your account number when you send them your documents. If you can figure out how to make an online waybill, do that too. You are not able to create a return label by UPS or by DHL yourself, there's a rule against creating a label for a package that originates outside of the country you are shipping it to.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Just realize that you can send your documents to the UKVI by Fedex, but they won't return them to you the same way. UKVI will only ship with UPS or DHL, they changed it in late 2014.

The easiest thing to do is to make a UPS account and include your account number when you send them your documents. If you can figure out how to make an online waybill, do that too. You are not able to create a return label by UPS or by DHL yourself, there's a rule against creating a label for a package that originates outside of the country you are shipping it to.

correct - you need to do it all online - I just got my UPS package back today from the UK and I had made a return label online, printed it and the UPS store attached it to my return package. No issues at all.

So I had sent my UPS account information with my application and I received an email back from Sheffield saying I could use a new service being offered.  The text of the email is below:  (opening the account was easy peasy and paying for one way/return service cost $134.)

Further to our recent e-mail confirming the receipt of the above application, we have been unable to locate an international courier account number with the documents submitted. Unfortunately, we are unable to despatch your documents unless an international courier customer account number is supplied.

We are pleased to announce a new service allowing US customers to purchase courier services through our commercial partner. Further information on this service can be found at http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

In order to purchase a return courier service through VFS please visit their website, http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/ and select the shopping cart where you will find the option to purchase the required courier service. Once you have completed this transaction please email your Airway Bill to us at VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk including the words “Courier Account Number” together with your VAF number, which can be found above, in the subject heading.

You are free to choose your own courier service but please be aware that we are no longer able to accept FedEx as one of the International couriers to return documents to the USA or Canada. If you have supplied, or were intending to supply FedEx account details, you will unfortunately have to provide an account with a different courier. This information is reflected on our website:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

We can inform you that a courier account can be created free of charge online, or in most cases over the phone and is used as a payment method instead of using a credit card number (which we cannot use by itself unfortunately). If the international courier account number can be provided, there should be no further issues in despatching the documents once the application is completed.

We would therefore be grateful if you would send our office an account number or airway bill to be used as soon as possible, quoting our above reference in the reply. Please send your response to the following e-mail address: VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Married in UK - 31 Dec 2003
After lengthy US immigration, hubs moved to US June 2005. Now we are going the other way.
Hubs returned to UK - 14 Aug 2013
Application submitted - 12 Jan 2015
Biometrics appt - 20 Jan 2015
Package sent to hubs for addition of docs - 21 Jan 2015
Hubs mailed package - 31 Jan 2015
Royal mail confirmation - 2 Feb 2015
Receipt email from Sheffield - 3 Feb 2015
Decision made & courier info emails received - 13 Feb 2015
Visa received - 17 Feb 2015
Anticipated move date -  25 May 2015

Damn just got a confirmation email about my return package. And yeah they won't accept FedEx return AirBill. That's stupid. :(
Applied Marriage Visitor Visa - May 26, 2014
Biometrix - June 02, 2014
Visa Granted - June 23, 2014
Arrived in UK - August 02, 2014
Married - October 10, 2014
Left UK - December 27, 2014
-----after much consideration, we decided that its best to settle in the UK for the mean time----
Applied Civil Partnership Visa - January 29, 2015
Biometrix - February 03, 2015
Packet Received by Sheffield - February 06, 2015
Assigned to an ECO - February 12, 2015
Decision made. Visa was shipped back - March 06, 2015
Packet Received - March 09, 201

• Liked: 85
Damn just got a confirmation email about my return package. And yeah they won't accept FedEx return AirBill. That's stupid. :(

Thay have not accepted FedEx since late last year.  We were given a letter at the Biometrics appointment that told you what to do next and it listed UPS & USPS as the only courier service available.  There was no mention of the new service from VSFGlobal but I did see that option when we were paying for the priority service.
Online Application Spouse Visa - 27 Jan 2015
Visa Received - 16 Feb 2015
FLR(M) In-Person  (Approved)- 4 Jan 2018
ILR (M) Approval - 23 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) - 28 Oct 2020
AN (Naturalisation) APPROVED!!!!! - 10 Feb 2021
Citizenship ceremony - 10 June 2021

• Liked: 6
Unfortunately, I don't think all of the locations for biometrics have been updated.  The information they gave me still listed FedEx, but because I had been reading the posts on here, I knew that was incorrect.  Hopefully everyone will get the update soon!
Online application completed: 15 Jan 2015
Biometrics: 21 Jan 2015
Application posted via UPS Express: 28 Jan 2015
Application received at Sheffield: 30 Jan 2015
Email confirmation: 5 Feb 2015
Email asking for confirmation of return address:  12 Feb 2015
Visa decision: 13 Feb 2015
Visa received: 16 Feb 2015
Flight Booked:  26 Feb 2015
Arrived in UK: 28 Feb 2015
Married:  27 Apr 2015
FLR (M):  29 May 2015

The new shipping method is great except that the package size is automatically set at 2 lbs which my application was nowhere near.  It wasn't even a lb. The courier is UPS so they get a lot of money off of us seeing as the packages don't come out that heavy, but seeing as the information I'd gotten for getting a UPS account didn't work for me, I didn't think this would be the time to try to pinch pennies and look around for cheaper option.  

Oh and I didn't get any courier info at my biometric appt, just a sheet telling where to mail it. 
Married in UK - 31 Dec 2003
After lengthy US immigration, hubs moved to US June 2005. Now we are going the other way.
Hubs returned to UK - 14 Aug 2013
Application submitted - 12 Jan 2015
Biometrics appt - 20 Jan 2015
Package sent to hubs for addition of docs - 21 Jan 2015
Hubs mailed package - 31 Jan 2015
Royal mail confirmation - 2 Feb 2015
Receipt email from Sheffield - 3 Feb 2015
Decision made & courier info emails received - 13 Feb 2015
Visa received - 17 Feb 2015
Anticipated move date -  25 May 2015

For the Biometric Appointment, I only need to bring my Passport, and confirmation biometric appointment Sheet and the online VAF4A application signed correct? Those three items only? Im so confused because most people said I dont need to bring supporting documents but then some places I read that they ask you to bring it. My supporting Documents are with my husband in England. and he will be shipping them once I send him my passport and stamped biometrics and signed online app.

Please let me know your experiences with the biometric appointment and what you brought to your appointment. Thank yous all for the help.

• Liked: 6110
For the Biometric Appointment, I only need to bring my Passport, and confirmation biometric appointment Sheet and the online VAF4A application signed correct? Those three items only? Im so confused because most people said I dont need to bring supporting documents but then some places I read that they ask you to bring it. My supporting Documents are with my husband in England. and he will be shipping them once I send him my passport and stamped biometrics and signed online app.

Please let me know your experiences with the biometric appointment and what you brought to your appointment. Thank yous all for the help.

If you are applying from the US then you do not need to bring your supporting documents to the biometric appointment!  :)
Other countries have a different procedure which is possibly where the confusion lies.

My Biometric went smooth and Passport on way to UK to my husband to submit with my supporting documents. My last question do I need to include a prepaid post for the return of my Passport from Sheffield to my US address? or only the prepaid post for the return of supporting documents copy?

I am so thankful for these forums and all of your help!
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links