Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Divorce help required  (Read 3045 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Divorce help required
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 12:35:21 AM »
That's crazy!   :o
Not necessarily.  I was married in NV, and filed for divorce in Texas.  He was abusive, his family was harassing me, so I went back to my family in Texas and filed.  No way was I staying near those people.  His father made one long-distance phone call to harass me in Texas, but I hung up on him.  No way was I going to stay near them just to get a divorce, because my "marital life" was there.  

• Liked: 533
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 09:27:24 AM »
That's pretty unfair considering you don't know him or her. 

It is....

I just seem to naturally take sides with the little guy (and immigrants).

After I accused everybody of character assassination regarding that single mother, I feel hypocritical now.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 05:22:19 PM »
Thanks for all the help with everything. Of course I can understand some people's view on not hearing both sides of the story as Im always an advocate of hearing all the information.
Unfortunately it ended because of the grass is always greener on the other side syndrome. Although paying out for the visa half a year before she left is a little dubious... However, its a massive shame but because neither of us exactly did anything wrong then its at least amicable but entirely her choice to leave.
As for sending her things, if it were just a few jumpers etc or light items I wouldn't have an issue but the postage alone would cost around £100+ and that doesn't include the insurance she asked me to get for the items.
I said I was happy to send it without any issue just that because she left so abruptly I have had to work very hard to make ends meet so as to not loose the house I bought.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 05:46:03 PM »
RG, I feel a bit like a 'hole for making you explain....absolutely none of my business....
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links