Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello England  (Read 4933 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello England
« on: March 15, 2015, 09:38:08 PM »
I'm from Kansas City.Moving to Lincoln to join my husband in 2 weeks. Very nervous to start from scratch in an another country.I tried everything but can't find anyone from the States who lives in Lincoln.Any help would be appreciated  :) Thanks a million

• On a stroppy little island of mixed up people...
    • City of Villages Blog
  • Liked: 1
Re: Hello England
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:35:34 PM »
Hello! I can't help with the Lincoln part, unfortunately, as I live in London, but I may be able to help with other stuff. I'm from Maryland, but I've lived here for 8 years and recently became a citizen, so I'm a bit of an immigration veteran.
It is difficult to speak adequately, or justly, of London. It is not a pleasant place; it is not agreeable, or easy, or exempt from reproach. It is only magnificent... the biggest aggregation of human life, the most complete compendium in the world.
-Henry James

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum :). I'm not American, I'm afraid (I'm British), but I have spent 2 years of my life in the US (as a student and visiting family).

However, I do live in Lincoln :), so if you have any questions, just let me know. I'm not currently in the UK, as I'm deployed abroad with the RAF (I'm a civilian but work within the military), but I will be back in Lincoln around mid-late May.

• Midstream Musings
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:09:56 PM »
Hello Kansas City,

Just wanted to say welcome. Unfortunately, I'm quite far from Lincoln (way up north in the Lake District) but am from Kansas! I've been here 4 1/2 years now and do love it, but it is a process to adjust. You should find great support here and hopefully, people in your area too. It is helpful to chat with other expats making similar adjustments to know you are not alone!  Best wishes to you.
Life in the UK; from marriage and the big move in 2010 to becoming a citizen in 2014.

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us or we find it not"

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sponsored Links