Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My Weight-loss Odyssey(Why am I so fat?)  (Read 3138 times)

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
  • Liked: 0
Re: My Weight-loss Odyssey(Why am I so fat?)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2003, 12:36:29 AM »
Well done Saf.  :)
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• Liked: 0
Re: My Weight-loss Odyssey(Why am I so fat?)
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2003, 03:24:08 PM »
I hope you don't mind that I add my two cents (or two pence) here...I am kind of new, posted a few times back in 2002 [smiley=shy.gif]

I can relate to everyone here. For me, I was always thin during highschool. I was into gymnastics, dance and track, and I never had to worry about what I ate. This changed for me after graduation. Suddenly, you find yourself working behind a desk all day, no activity and food was used as the social point from birthdays, holidays, promotions or someone has a baby etc. Always cakes, cookies or donuts...nothing healthy either...made suggestions to the boss but nothing has changed. [I can relate to those who experienced diet sabatogers like some co-workers, family like my mother (who loves to cook plenty of food].

To top it off, I decided to go to college in the evenings, and had no time what so ever for any exercise. The weight crept up so fast that I did not see it until I saw a Christmas picture about 2 years ago.  I know how I got fat, eating the wrong kinds of foods, and not exercising. I just can't believe I got this fat.

And when I tried to diet, I always found myself not following through due to emotions or stress. I have always been very conscious of my weight in the states, but was able to deal with it . I found myself since I moved here my preception of myself has tripled (and I am not sure why) and right now, I don't feel very good about it.

Since, I haven't started to look for work yet, I decided to give it one more last go. No more excuses now So I joined ediets at end of July, and have lost 9.5 pounds but I do have along way to go...so far, I have been journaling my food, seeking support when I feel like I am going to backslide and exercising 60 minutes a day (there are days I have to force myself). For me its easy to gain 5 pounds, then to lose the 5 pounds...(30 mins of excersing is not going to cut it for me).

The positive thing about living here in England, you have fresher fish, veggies or fruits (or least where I live); very little food commericals on the tele...and no krispy cremes, taco bells or micky dees for miles. Hopefully I can get it off and keep it off. ..I thought I share how I got fat, and my weight loss odyessy.

Carol  

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey but a woman of strength has faith that it is the journey that she will become strong...

Sponsored Links