Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mirochip certificate ????  (Read 1658 times)

• Liked: 6
Mirochip certificate ????
« on: June 09, 2015, 01:16:04 AM »
We got a pre-flight checklist from Virgin Atlantic that mentions a rabies certificate (got that) and a microchip certificate.

We don't have a microchip certificate.   Our vet put the chips in our cats pre-vax and handed us some tags with the microchip numbers.   The chip numbers are on the rabies certificates.

Has anyone heard of microchip certificates ? (separate from rabies certificates). ?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Mirochip certificate ????
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:40:02 AM »
We got a pre-flight checklist from Virgin Atlantic that mentions a rabies certificate (got that) and a microchip certificate.

We don't have a microchip certificate.   Our vet put the chips in our cats pre-vax and handed us some tags with the microchip numbers.   The chip numbers are on the rabies certificates.

Has anyone heard of microchip certificates ? (separate from rabies certificates). ?

Yeah, mine have certificates for their microchips.  Ask your vet, they may still have them in their files. 

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:25:32 PM »
Hmmm - thanks.   I called my vet and she's never heard of microchip certificates.

I emailed Virgin and they checked with the Heathrow ARC who said you don't need a microchip certificate - just the rabies cert. and the USDA document - both of which must have the microchip number on them.

I'm thinking this process really shouldn't be so hard, but somehow even the (apparently simple) pet passport scheme ends up being full of stomach knotting uncertainty.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:37:57 PM »
Dont be afraid to contact ARC yourself at the receiving airport.  Members here have faxed everything in advance and told everything was there, so they knew there would be no issues once you land!  Priceless!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 01:56:35 PM »
We are not fllying, taking a ship but we had to have a microchip certificate for both dogs.  I am guessing it's a UK thing.  They do not provide them here but the ship told us exactly what needed to be on them and our vets office was able to produce an acceptable letter indicatig the necesarry info.  As Kffancer said you may want to contact them directly to make sure of what's needed.  For the ship we had to provide microchip info and rabies certs for both dogs a month before the saling date.

Sponsored Links