Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Received Visa !!  (Read 3389 times)

• Liked: 0
Received Visa !!
« on: July 10, 2015, 04:29:05 PM »
Hello All,

We have received my husbands Settlement Visa.

All that came in the package is my documents I sent.  No Official letter from Sheffield and no BRP.

Unless I am incorrect.  I am presuming the visa is what is in his passport which says:

UK Entry Clearance

The dates on it read valid from7/7/15 until 7/4/18.

So do we have to leave within a set amount of time?  We still have house stuffto finalize.  So to leave when is convenient for us would be lovely.  We are hoping to leave around 23rd August.

We mailed with VFS Priority from NJ July 1st
Tracked Shipment arrived July 3rd
Email of arrival from Sheffield July 6th
Email Decision Made  July 9th
Visa in Hand July 10th

So I would presume that no one on this forum has yet received a BRP.  I'm glad because a 30 day timeframe is such pressure...lol

Thanks everyone and Good Luck !!  This is only one part of the stress now for the move and trying to get the children in schools...I will definitely be grey by the end of this!!  lol
Me (Brit) Applied for Fiance Visa from UK Sept 1997
Received Fiance Visa Aug 1998
Married my US Husband Nov 1998 and Living in NJ
Sent Online App Jun 27 2015
Biometrics Jun 30 2015
Sent VFS Priority Jul 1 2015
Sheffield Received Package Jul 3 2015
Received Email Jul 6 2015
Received Decision Made Email Jul 9th 2015
Visa Arrived Jul 10th 2015
Now Lots to do!!
Arrived in UK August 25th,2015
Husband now Permanent Resident(ILR) 2021

• Liked: 3598
Re: Received Visa !!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 04:53:44 PM »

Congratulations :D!!

All that came in the package is my documents I sent.  No Official letter from Sheffield and no BRP.

No they only send a letter for a refusal - if the visa has been issued, you just get the documents and the passport.

There wasn't supposed to be a BRP anyway, as you can only get a BRP when you're inside the UK - so if you are supposed to have a BRP, you would have to pick it up from a UK post office within 10 days of arriving.

However, I'm not sure how it's working with the 30-day vignette and BRP, since your visa seems to have been issued for the normal 33 months and not for 30 days.

I think you're the first person to have actually received their visa back so far since the new 30-day/BRP thing came in, so you're the guinea pig at the moment. We'll see what other people get when they receive their visas in the next few days.

Assuming you don't have to adhere to the 30 days/BRP part, then you can enter the UK on August 23rd with no issues.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »
I have not received anything regarding the BRP so I would presume that we are not incuded in that.

Biometrics Jun 30 2015
Now Lots to do!!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 05:38:04 PM »
Oh what's this BRP thing? 

Let me edit myself as I found more info: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/440255/Final_-_v.9_overseas_BRP_leaflet.pdf

It does say that you'll get a letter telling you which Post Office to collect your BRP. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:46:36 PM by silverbrooke »
June 13th: Married  June 14th: Applied online
June 18th: Biometrics and posted documents
July 8th:  Retroactively upgraded to Priority
July 10th: Email with decision and documents shipped

Feb 1: Here we go again
April 5: Sent off FLR(M)
June 4: I've got another 30 months!

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »
Oh what's this BRP thing? 

I'm guessing you have 30 days from issue to fly into country?  And then get your official paper?  Need to go look all this up so I don't do it wrong.  We will see what they send me in the mail.

For a few years now, all visa applications made inside the UK have had the visa issued as a BRP - Biometrics Residence Permit (ID card) - instead of a visa sticker in the passport.

However, visa applications made outside the UK have always  been isued as stickers in the passport and there haven't been any BRPs issued until the next visa, applied for in the UK (at the end of the spousal visa).

In the last few weeks, UKVI have been rolling out a scheme where they will issue BRPs for visas applied for overseas as well. They way they have planned to do this is to issue the initial entry clearance as a vignette (sticker) in the passport, valid for only 30 days - the idea is that you have to enter within these 30-days or you will have to apply for another vignette. Then once you are in the UK, you would have 10 days to pick up the visa BRP from a UK post office.

This is what it would look like:

A new 30-day vignette 'visa' issued in India - here
and one issued in China - here

See:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/440255/Final_-_v.9_overseas_BRP_leaflet.pdf

and

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/418544/BRP_International_Rollout_Schedule_v2.pdf

From the first document:

How do I travel to the UK without my biometric residence permit?
Successful applicants will be issued with a vignette in their passport which is valid for 30 days from the date you indicated as your intended travel date in your visa application. The vignette is proof only of your permission to enter the UK and will allow you to travel to the UK. If you do not travel to the UK within this 30 day period, your visa will expire and you will need to apply for another 30 day visa. You will have to pay a fee for this.

Your full leave conditions are contained on your biometric residence permit which you must collect on arrival in the UK.

How do I obtain my biometric residence permit upon arrival in the UK?
You must collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of arrival in the UK from the Post Office branch detailed in your decision letter. If you do not collect your BRP within 10 days of arrival in the UK you may be subject to a financial penalty or cancellation of your leave. The Post Office branch you have been allocated is linked to the postcode you submitted in your visa application.
We advise you not to book any non-urgent travel before you have collected your permit.

This was supposed to be rolled out to US applicants from May 31st, but as we haven't seen any actual visas issued since that date - until today - we haven't been sure how it will actually work.

It doesn't look like AM Angler's visa has been issued in this new way though and there hasn't been a decision letter, so we're not really sure what's happening with the new roll-out at the moment.

It sounds like, since the visa has been issued for 33 months and there was no decision letter stating how to get the BRP, that it's just a normal spousal visa, and AM Angler won't need a BRP until the next visa in 2.5 years.

• Liked: 4993
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 06:52:27 PM »
Hello All,

Unless I am incorrect.  I am presuming the visa is what is in his passport which says:

UK Entry Clearance

The dates on it read valid from7/7/15 until 7/4/18.

So do we have to leave within a set amount of time?  We still have house stuffto finalize.  So to leave when is convenient for us would be lovely.  We are hoping to leave around 23rd August.

We mailed with VFS Priority from NJ July 1st
Tracked Shipment arrived July 3rd
Email of arrival from Sheffield July 6th
Email Decision Made  July 9th
Visa in Hand July 10th

So I would presume that no one on this forum has yet received a BRP.  I'm glad because a 30 day timeframe is such pressure...lol

Thanks everyone and Good Luck !!  This is only one part of the stress now for the move and trying to get the children in schools...I will definitely be grey by the end of this!!  lol

Great news that you got a 33 month vignette!

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the guinea pig there is always kinks that need to ironed out with new things!!  lol

So, sigh of relief.... my husband got his visa!! Loose ends to tie up and plans to make.

Its going to be an interesting few weeks.....  the kids are very excited!!!
Biometrics Jun 30 2015
Now Lots to do!!

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »
Congrats!!! :)
Met in 1999 online
Married in 2002 on US Visa
Applied for UK Visa May 2015
Waiting dramatically for a response.
Plan to move to the UK Early Autumn 2015

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 09:14:26 PM »
Very excite :D

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 10:44:33 PM »
So they did the same thing with me, even though I applied June 14th and they Processed it July 9th.

Issued me a Visa from 9 July 2015 to 9 April 2015 instead of from my estimated travel date of August 1st.

I kind of want a BRP card.  Worried about a passport sticker.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 12:30:44 AM »
As I said before I would rather get the visa most people have and not be the guinea pig on the BRP....lol

BTW you do not carry your passport  or your BRP card everywhere.  Keep it safe at home.

Congratulations......happy packing and planning.... :)
Biometrics Jun 30 2015
Now Lots to do!!

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 01:32:29 AM »

No they only send a letter for a refusal - if the visa has been issued, you just get the documents and the passport.

There was an acceptance  letter in mine. Scared the heck out of me for a second, but it was definitely  a letter saying I had been issued a visa. Maybe they're  changing  things as they roll out the BRP  cards.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 07:21:50 AM »
There was an acceptance  letter in mine. Scared the heck out of me for a second, but it was definitely  a letter saying I had been issued a visa. Maybe they're  changing  things as they roll out the BRP  cards.

Yes, apologies for that - I hadn't seen the information that they would be issuing a letter for the BRP cards until after I posted that.

I mentioned it because we have had people in the past thinking that they have not received a visa because there was no approval letter, when it just turned out that they just hadn't looked in their passport to see if there was a visa there :P.

So, I should amend that to say that until now, a letter was only issued if the visa had been refused, but from now on there should be a letter telling you that you need to pick up a BRP card when you arrive in the UK.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 01:56:12 AM »
So if applying from the US, and we give a travel date of November, am i correct in assuming that they give you 30days to enter the UK from your intended travel date and not 30days from the visa being granted?

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 02:29:31 AM »
So if applying from the US, and we give a travel date of November, am i correct in assuming that they give you 30days to enter the UK from your intended travel date and not 30days from the visa being granted?

Yes, that's  how mine came. 30 days from my intended  travel date.

Sponsored Links