Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Does notarized copy of husbands passport need to be in color?  (Read 458 times)

• Liked: 1
Just wondering if the notarized copy of my husbands passport needs to be in color? I'm also providing his original birth certificate as well.

Also, on the notarized copy his accountant who is a professional and registered properly notarized it. Do you believe he is able to? He said he was but I'm just double checking

Thank you!
03.04.15 - Got Married in U.S.
30.08.15 - Submitted Online Application
02.09.15 - Biometrics Appointment
02.09.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority)
07.09.15 - Received email from Sheffield Visa Section confirming my application was being prepared for entry clearance officer to
be reviewed
10.09.2015 - "decision has been made" email!!!

• Liked: 3598
Re: Does notarized copy of husbands passport need to be in color?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 06:26:13 AM »
If the passport copy is notarised, you do NOT need to send his birth certificate as well.

Alternatively, if you are sending the birth certificate, there is no need to get the passport copy notarised.

Personally, I would use a colour copy of his passport photo page, but I don't think there's anything in the rules that specifies that it has to be in colour.

I would assume it's okay for his accountant to do it, but I don't know for definite.

So you have 3 options for providing his passport

1) His actual passport (not recommended in case he needs it)

2) A notarised copy of his passport photo page (no birth certificate needed)

3) A regular photocopy of his passport photo page, plus his original, long-form A4-size birth certificate to verify the information on the passport photocopy (this is the only circumstance in which is birth certificate would need to be included)

• Liked: 1
Re: Does notarized copy of husbands passport need to be in color?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »
Thank you SO much Ksand!
03.04.15 - Got Married in U.S.
30.08.15 - Submitted Online Application
02.09.15 - Biometrics Appointment
02.09.15 - Mailed Docs to Sheffield (Priority)
07.09.15 - Received email from Sheffield Visa Section confirming my application was being prepared for entry clearance officer to
be reviewed
10.09.2015 - "decision has been made" email!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab