Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: VFS Global GWF# Issues, Error Messages  (Read 10580 times)

• Liked: 1
VFS Global GWF# Issues, Error Messages
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:47:41 PM »
My wife and I submitted our application for my spousal visa today (hooray!) but were given error messages by VFS when attempting to purchase priority service and round trip courier fees (boo!)...they say my GWF Reference # already exists, and to "track previous order" - when we try to do that it tells us the GWF # doesn't exist.

First Error Message:

Applicant with the same GWF number already exists. Please use "Track Previous Order" from Quick Links in home page in order to proceed with the pending payment.

Second Error Message:
There are no records found for the given GWF number and Email ID. Check your GWF number, Email ID, and retry or check refund status.

Obviously we have emailed customer service with the details of our problem, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered such an issue lately? How did the situation resolve itself? There is one previous post I could find with this issue from last autumn, but the poster didn't explain what they did to fix it.

We've not heard back from VFS yet - hoping for a response in the morning. Everything else with the visa application went smoothly (payment, NHS surcharge, submission, biometric appointment etc) and I'd really love for this to get fixed before my wife and solicitor in the UK send me the huge bundle of paperwork in a day or two so I can add my documents in and send it off. I don't have my biometric appointment until the 14th, so we have time to sort it out - I just know that some people have been experiencing less than efficient communication with VFS lately.

Thanks for any input anyone out there has. Good luck to everyone in their visa pursuits!
Married, waiting on the 5 Year Route to Citizenship!
LTR Granted August 2015
Moved to Britain September 2015
FLR Granted May 2018
Applying for ILR January 2020
...citizenship sometime after!

• Liked: 1
Re: VFS Global GWF# Issues, Error Messages
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 06:22:34 AM »
Just wanted to reply to my own post with an update in case anyone who faces the same hiccup needs reassurance:

VFS Global did NOT respond to our email, but about 6 hours after the (many) first attempts, the situation "fixed itself" - I tried to access the payment area with the same GWF number and it worked. I was able to purchase Priority Service and Round Trip Courier Service at the same time and received my Airway Bills etc almost instantly.

I think VFS is just a little buggy sometimes and needs a few minutes/hours to compose itself. Kind of like me during this stressy process.

[smiley=anxious.gif]
Married, waiting on the 5 Year Route to Citizenship!
LTR Granted August 2015
Moved to Britain September 2015
FLR Granted May 2018
Applying for ILR January 2020
...citizenship sometime after!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »
This has just happened to me and hoping that it starts to cooperate soon as it did for you.

I think a massive celebration is in order once this application is submitted. My Master's thesis required less work!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:52:57 PM »
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM And figured it out... SAFARI (and a certain firefox version) on my mac worked!! :D

It doesn't show the right side bar saying "Track previous order" on Chrome.

• Liked: 75
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 07:22:42 PM »
I just submitted my spouse application today as well!

I also had an issue with the VFS site I never rec'd my confirmation email and my GWF number isn't recognized. Hoping to get a response from VFS as well. Might check again to see if it fixed itself too!
Met: 2003
Started Relationship: December 2014
Married: July 2017
Visa Application: 9/9/17
Biometrics: 9/12/17
Application mailed: 9/13/17
Received by UKVI: 9/15/17
Decision email: 10/4/17
Decision: APPROVED!!! Rec’d documents 10/9/17

Sponsored Links