Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Completely hypothetical at this point, but just wondering...  (Read 2141 times)

• Liked: 8
Completely hypothetical at this point, but just wondering...
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »
Hi all.
I am the (now - finally!) dual USC/UKC. DH is the UK citizen. He has recently taken a new position with a company here in Oxford that is likely to keep us here for the next 2-3 years.

At that point, the project he's been hired for will be over. We will be in a position to potentially relocate, if we want to. The company has an office in Texas (home for me) and a job transfer there is a possibility.

That said, if the company can relocate him on a work visa, will that work, or would we have to go the DCF route? I am just thinking too far down the road. I am wondering if we'll get told that he can't go down the work visa path because he could come as my spouse and work that way.

For now, he's the sole wage-earner. I have been out of my field long enough that finding a job back in the States will require 6 months of refresher courses.

All that stress over my spouse visas, ILR, citizenship - I just can't seem to let it go and relax - seems like I need to have something to fret over!! ;D

• Liked: 4985
Re: Completely hypothetical at this point, but just wondering...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
I would imagine the company would want him to go down the spouse visa route.  Much less restrictive and easier to get.

The US is different.  You can have third party sponsorship even.  Takes longer to get the visa, but easier to qualify.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »
Thanks, I have reading up since I posted that, and figured that's how it would be. That gives me something to research and be prepared for, should it play out that way. Gotta love options!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »
You may have found out all you need by now but you may want to direct your question to an attorney.

I had a friend years ago in a vaguely similar situation and they were not able to get her husband a work visa.  The rationale at the time was that a work visa is meant to be temporary, but how can anyone married to a us citizen claim to only have temporary plans to be in the USA.  For my friend, a green card was the only option.

Sponsored Links