Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tier 4 changes for those at a college, from 12 November 2015.  (Read 2378 times)

• Liked: 342
Tier 4 changes for those at a college, from 12 November 2015.
« on: October 15, 2015, 01:10:33 PM »
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Immigration-/Making-a-Tier-4-General-application-in-the-UK/Can-I-apply-in-the-UK/#

[Note: if you make your Tier 4 application on or after 12 November 2015 and you have Tier 4 (General) leave you will only be able to apply in the UK if your current Tier 4 visa is sponsored by:

a UK recognised body or a body in receipt of public funding as an HEI (higher education institution); or
    an overseas higher education institution and you have been undertaking a short-term study abroad programme in the UK; or
    an Embedded College offering Pathway Courses (this does not include pre-sessional courses)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:01:15 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 4985
Re: Tier 4 changes from 12 November 2015.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »
Is this a move to eliminate "bogus" universities?

• Liked: 342
Re: Tier 4 changes from 12 November 2015.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
Is this a move to eliminate "bogus" universities?

I think it is all part of making it hard for those who think the immigration rules don't apply to them. 

Over 500 bogus colleges got shut down after they closed a big college where students didn't really study  and then watched to see where all their "students" went.

I should have made it clearer, this change is not for all Tier 4 visa holders. College and university are not the same thing in the UK. It won't affect those at universtiy. It's for those at a college. I've just changed the title to reflect this ;D

Not all those little colleges are bogus but because of their cheap fees they do attract the type of "student" who doesn't want to study. Most colleges are quick to report these people to UKVI or face losing their sponsorship licence but that "student" then looks for ways to stay in the UK. Applying for a visa they won't get is one of those ways.

Many genuine students usually go home during the holidays and applying for another Tier 4 from home for those at these colleges won't be a big deal for a genuine student.
They have all lost their work rights from this year anyway due to too much abuse in this sector, so there is nothing to remain in the UK for over the summer break.

The part of the Immigraion Act 2014 that will stop the appeal abuse has just come in and most will now have to appeal their refusal of a visa/human rights, from outside the UK. That will end those who try to make 10 years of legal stay for ILR, by keep using the courts for appeals for years, for visas they know they can't have, just to make 10 years of legal stay for ILR. From next month, students at a college will not be allowed to even apply for their visa from within the UK. Not forgetting the other parts of the Immigration Act 2014 for overstayers/illegals i.e. no free NHS, no housing, removal of UK driving licence etc
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:08:43 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab