Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Settlement updates  (Read 5785 times)

• Liked: 4990
Re: Priority Settlement updates
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
Thanks for the positivity. The fact that it was only at the Visa office for two days is a bit scary!

My in person application in April took 40 minutes.  Once it's in someone's hands, it really doesn't take long.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
Hi,
I see that some of you upgraded to priority after submitting your visa. How do you go about doing that? I called the number RadioStar called -- the person I spoke to didn't seem to know anything. She then e-mailed me to tell me that you cannot upgrade to priority after making an application, which clearly is not the case!
Thanks!

Country Applying From: USA
Type Of Visa Applied For: Spouse/Settlement (Non-Priority)
Biometrics Taken: 27 October 2015
Applications Received in Sheffield: 30 October 2015
Email Confirming Receipt of Documents: 19th November 2015 (three weeks after it arrived!)
Date Sheffield Emailed To Confirm Decision Has Been Made: still waiting

• Liked: 5
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »
Passport and documents finally delivered by UPS to my husband in VA this morning. Visa inside!! Ticket bought for flight tomorrow and he will be here on Wednesday. Thanks to all who provided assistance and a shoulder to lean on ( if only virtual lol)
Merry Christmas everyone.
Type of visa applied for: Spouse/settlement Non Priority (my husband from Norfolk, VA)
Online Application Submitted: 14th Oct 2015
Biometrics Taken: 19th Oct 2015
Applications Mailed: 21st Oct, 2015
Package Received in Sheffield: 23rd Oct, 2015
Email confirming receipt of documents: 5th November, 2015
Upgraded to Priority Processing: 27 Nov 2015
Date Sheffield emailed to confirm decision has been made: 8 Dec, 2015
Passport with Visa received 14 December, 2015
Online application for FLR(M) 29 August 2018
Application apprvd 11 Oct 1018

• Liked: 47
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 07:39:56 PM »

Passport and documents finally delivered by UPS to my husband in VA this morning. Visa inside!! Ticket bought for flight tomorrow and he will be here on Wednesday. Thanks to all who provided assistance and a shoulder to lean on ( if only virtual lol)
Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 07:41:27 PM »

Congratulations :D! Glad you finally got it and that he will be in the UK very soon (and in time for Christmas!).

• Liked: 5
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »
Hi,
I see that some of you upgraded to priority after submitting your visa. How do you go about doing that? I called the number RadioStar called -- the person I spoke to didn't seem to know anything. She then e-mailed me to tell me that you cannot upgrade to priority after making an application, which clearly is not the case!
Thanks!

Country Applying From: USA
Type Of Visa Applied For: Spouse/Settlement (Non-Priority)
Biometrics Taken: 27 October 2015
Applications Received in Sheffield: 30 October 2015
Email Confirming Receipt of Documents: 19th November 2015 (three weeks after it arrived!)
Date Sheffield Emailed To Confirm Decision Has Been Made: still waiting

Ok, go back to the main heading of Visas and Immigration, click on page 3 and you should see a post marked Upgrading to Priority after application (or words to that effect) that was my post, read all the replies, those contain the instructions on how to do it.
Type of visa applied for: Spouse/settlement Non Priority (my husband from Norfolk, VA)
Online Application Submitted: 14th Oct 2015
Biometrics Taken: 19th Oct 2015
Applications Mailed: 21st Oct, 2015
Package Received in Sheffield: 23rd Oct, 2015
Email confirming receipt of documents: 5th November, 2015
Upgraded to Priority Processing: 27 Nov 2015
Date Sheffield emailed to confirm decision has been made: 8 Dec, 2015
Passport with Visa received 14 December, 2015
Online application for FLR(M) 29 August 2018
Application apprvd 11 Oct 1018

• Liked: 0
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2015, 10:26:43 PM »
Quick update: VISA approved and returned to the West Coast of the US in 7 days. Absolutely unbelievable.

Documents were pretty basic and only items notarised were my sons and my passport. Bank statements were printed at the bank, pay slips were only for 3 months with 3 months (overseas employer) printed from emails. No Skype, whatsapp, email correspondence included and only 10 photos...The folder was very well organised and clear which I guess worked in our favour.

Country applying from: Portland, OR, USA
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Visa (Priority)
Date biometrics taken and application posted: 7/12/2015
Date documentation was received in Sheffield: 9/12/2015
Projected timeline given:up to 60 business days
Decision made: 10/12/2015
Date your visa was received: 14/12/2015

• Liked: 1
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2015, 10:27:09 PM »
Thank you Torchwoodfan!! And congratulations on everything working out!! Best wishes for your future in the UK.  :)

• Liked: 223
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2015, 12:13:35 PM »

Congrats Torchwood!

Glad you were able to get a last minute flight. ;D No more waiting! Woohoo!
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 13
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »
Have there been any updates for priority applicants since the holiday period has ended? Just curious!
Spouse Visa Granted: 20 January 2016 - Arrived in UK: 27 February 2016 - FLR(M) Granted: 12 November 2018 - LiTUK Test Passed: 6 March 2021 - ILR Application Submitted: 13 March 2021 - Biometrics: 10 April 2021 - ILR Approved 25 August 2021 - UK Citizenship Application Submitted: 20 September 2021 - Biometrics: 12 October 2021 - Email Invite to Citizenship Ceremony: 15 November 2021

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2016, 04:32:52 AM »
New to this forum, but I sure wish I knew about it when I was doing my application! Would have done things differently. 

Married in the U.S. October 26th, 2015.  Sent visa application, documents, and biometrics in December 1st.

Package arrived in Sheffiled December 4th 2015.

Email confirming receipt December 9th 2015.

Upgraded to priority January 5th and emailed receipt as well as mailed receipt to Sheffield just in case. 

Gave notice at my job December 28th! Now I am really getting anxious!  I really hope the upgrade to priority will mean I'll get a decision this month.  I'm worried I've left out or included the wrong documents after reading this forum now too :/

I thought I was pretty thorough with our bank statements, but they are just online statements, which now I'm not so sure are good enough.  I also didn't include a copy of my spouse's passport page....but obviously provided his passport number and details.  Eek! They should just be able to look up his passport and see it is valid in some data system right? 

I'm going crazy!

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2016, 09:20:22 AM »
Honestly I haven't heard of someone not including a copy of the sponsor's passport, so not sure if that one will be accepted or not.  Hopefully they'll contact you for further documentation.  Unfortunately that is what may slow your application down at this point.  Fingers crossed.

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2016, 03:45:58 PM »
Why ask his passport details on the VAF form if they need a copy of the passport page too? 

It says here on the bottom of page 3 that you just may want to provide that if you don't fulfill the financial requirement which we do.  Is there some other place it says it a must that I missed ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »
Why ask his passport details on the VAF form if they need a copy of the passport page too? 

It says here on the bottom of page 3 that you just may want to provide that if you don't fulfill the financial requirement which we do.  Is there some other place it says it a must that I missed ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

Page 3 says this:

Evidence of your sponsor’s immigration status/ permission to be in the UK
This could be copies of:
 bio-data pages from their passport or Travel Document
 valid UK visa or UK stamp from their passports
 Home Office letter confirming their permission to stay in the UK

It's definitely a required document.  Only needs to be a photocopy of the photo page, but it is required.

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2016, 05:57:33 PM »
Yes, but directly above that it reads:

Information about your sponsor in the UK
If you are completing Appendix 2 then you will need to demonstrate that you meet the ‘Financial Requirement’. You need to read the Immigration Rules at Appendix FM
-SEto see which documents you are required to submit.
If you do not need to meet the ‘Financial Requirement’ then you may
wish to provide some of the following documents to help to show your sponsors circumstances in the UK

So unless I am misinterpreting this or it says somewhere else that it is a mandatory document, the information here says only that you MAY WISH to provide it if you are not required to fulfill the financial requirement (which we are).  I don't see where it says it is required.  And they have his passport number, place of issue, and expiration date, etc already provided in the aplication form.  I don't see how this would potentially delay my application....  ???

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab