Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Husband Hates the South  (Read 7401 times)

• Liked: 533
Re: UK Husband Hates the South
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2015, 11:02:45 AM »
However..... Men, in my opinion, are idiots. They are lazy, they procrastinate, they are stubborn and selfish.......

This is very harmful to the feminist movement. By assigning "natural" qualities like caring and administrative excellence to females, you reinforce the idea that other qualities....like creativity and excellence in sciences....deep thinking....are thus male attributes.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2015, 03:52:15 PM »
My experience with ALL men that have crossed MY path.  I have come to that Opinion and conclusion .... Hence, why I said "in my opinion" .  Just like you are entitled to yours, I am entitled to mine.  Not one male has ever risen amongst the rest. All have demonstrated attributes.  And as the saying goes, - can't live with them, can't live without them. It is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »

This is very harmful to the feminist movement. By assigning "natural" qualities like caring and administrative excellence to females, you reinforce the idea that other qualities....like creativity and excellence in sciences....deep thinking....are thus male attributes.

I'd say this is harmful to the feminist movement because it's a very sexist thing to say.  If it were about women, the author would rightly be called on it. Surely it must be against the feminist movement to make sexist comments no matter what gender is denigrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 30
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »
I'd say this is harmful to the feminist movement because it's a very sexist thing to say.  If it were about women, the author would rightly be called on it. Surely it must be against the feminist movement to make sexist comments no matter what gender is denigrated?

Yes, it is.  Not to mention insulting to other people's loved ones.  I've been married for 35 years, and my DH does not have those attributes.  He's not any more stubborn than I am, for example.  Dare I suggest that the OP might be assuming that normal human beings who happen to be men must all fit into her preconceived ideas?  Sorry if she has had some bad experiences but it's scarcely fair to assign them to innocent people.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »
The bottom line is, we should have stayed in the UK.  We didn't realize how different the US is and how different we've become.  There are some core things here that will just never be ok with us.

The positive from all this is that you both now know which country you want to live in.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »

However..... Men, in my opinion, are idiots. They are lazy, they procrastinate, they are stubborn and selfish.......

That description could fit many women too.

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »
Oh that is most certainly true :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 19
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2015, 11:27:38 PM »
Well a little south of Ocala, Florida, it flips and turns into the north again....

Just got back from visiting my sister, in Inverness (FL.  Not the real one.), about 30 miles south of Ocala.

From what I observed, you'd have to go a lot further than that to get away from the crazy. 

Like, South Miami, maybe. :)

To be honest, while I do love to visit Florida, if I had to spend more than a couple of weeks there, I'd go out of my mind, too.  And that's just in her neck of the woods-- I can just about make it 4 days up in the panhandle, where my grandma lives, before I start wanting to burn the whole place to the ground, a la Sherman.

OP needs to do herself and her husband a favor, and flee to the nearest reliably blue state.  These days, that's probably somewhere around New York.

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2015, 08:06:42 AM »
Like, South Miami, maybe. :)

Can we split the difference....say Boca? You can get a pastrami on rye in Boca....
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2015, 09:58:16 AM »
Let's settle on south of I-4!  My time was in Clearwater, Orlando, and Melbourne (space coast) and none of those areas could EVER be considered the south!

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »
Let's settle on south of I-4!  My time was in Clearwater, Orlando, and Melbourne (space coast) and none of those areas could EVER be considered the south!

I-4 may be it....it sort of arcs up there on the east coast.....

Let's walk down:

Gainesville....southern
Ocala.....southern
Cedar Key.....southern
Crystal River.....southern (but google shows a lot of new development)
Daytona....I don't know

I-4 it is....but with a few pockets of southern behind enemy lines...Haines City....Frost proof...but orange grove southern is a little different.....

I'm a little dated too....

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »
Daytona... I think it's not south.

Deltona definitely is southern though!

• Liked: 47
UK Husband Hates the South
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »

Deltona  is for sure! I HAVE some cousins that live down there, and although they are originally from my neck of the woods (charleston) they don't seem to encounter any cultural differences between home and FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

• Liked: 70
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2015, 02:16:21 PM »

We've just gotten jobs in my hometown (both of us). 

Congratulations!!  Not on the hating your jobs part, of course.  But how exciting that you both have a plan and are on the same page.  That's a biggie!!

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2015, 02:32:29 PM »

Guy: Hun, hold on to your hat, I've booked us for a long weekend in fabulous Deltona, Florida!
Wife: Daytona...oh nice!
Guy: No Deltona....just up the road.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab