Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wedding Invites  (Read 2031 times)

• Liked: 68
Wedding Invites
« on: January 15, 2016, 05:25:10 PM »
So as you may have seen on other posts, my fiancée and I are planning a very, very small wedding. My family won't fly over there to the UK and his family won't come to the US so we are doing it with just ourselves and his best friend and his partner, and my best friend and her partner as witnesses.

We still want invites and I thought it would help proving that we are planning a wedding, as well as make it official for our few guests. Also my mom is begging me for one, even though she isn't going -_-

Because it is small, I was going to do something cheap and generic on vistaprint until I found the ultimate Star Wars invites (we're geeks!). It's a bit pricey for what they are asking so I was looking around to see if anyone could design them for me and I could get them printed. Does anyone know of a service like this online? I've searched and searched and all my local shops seems to have their own designs...I want Star Wars haha

Anybody have their own design made up for invites and if so, what price range should I be expecting??

• Liked: 13
Re: Wedding Invites
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 06:22:36 PM »
So as you may have seen on other posts, my fiancée and I are planning a very, very small wedding. My family won't fly over there to the UK and his family won't come to the US so we are doing it with just ourselves and his best friend and his partner, and my best friend and her partner as witnesses.

We still want invites and I thought it would help proving that we are planning a wedding, as well as make it official for our few guests. Also my mom is begging me for one, even though she isn't going -_-

Because it is small, I was going to do something cheap and generic on vistaprint until I found the ultimate Star Wars invites (we're geeks!). It's a bit pricey for what they are asking so I was looking around to see if anyone could design them for me and I could get them printed. Does anyone know of a service like this online? I've searched and searched and all my local shops seems to have their own designs...I want Star Wars haha

Anybody have their own design made up for invites and if so, what price range should I be expecting??

Well, they can be pretty steep, but it sounds like you're going for a small wedding. I used Etsy for customizing my invites, but I used a design they already had and just tweaked to my specifications. You can have them custom designed through Etsy as well, which will cost more usually.

There are several Star Wars themed wedding invites to choose from on Etsy already: https://www.etsy.com/search?q=star%20wars%20wedding%20invitations&ref=auto1

Maybe one of those might appeal to you?
Spouse Visa Granted: 20 January 2016 - Arrived in UK: 27 February 2016 - FLR(M) Granted: 12 November 2018 - LiTUK Test Passed: 6 March 2021 - ILR Application Submitted: 13 March 2021 - Biometrics: 10 April 2021 - ILR Approved 25 August 2021 - UK Citizenship Application Submitted: 20 September 2021 - Biometrics: 12 October 2021 - Email Invite to Citizenship Ceremony: 15 November 2021

• Liked: 68
Re: Wedding Invites
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 06:33:55 PM »
Thanks for that. I never thought of using Etsy before. They're not quite what I had in mind but I may just settle. This is getting too out of my budget it seems! I am so in the wrong business here haha

• Liked: 47
Wedding Invites
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:28:32 PM »
I had a friend who is a graphic designer do ours. It wasn't cheap. But she would be excited to design something Star Wars and as long as you do the printing yourself I'm not sure how much she'd charge. PM me if you'd like her email. In sure she can give you a quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab