Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taking cat to London via Paris  (Read 3848 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Taking cat to London via Paris
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »
Just on the flip side, I flew my cats direct Tampa to Gatwick.  They were in the hold and did great.  Yes, it took a couple of hours to be cleared at Gatwick but they were let out of their crates (which were huge by requirement) and put in a room together with a kitty box and were given lots of cuddles.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 05:58:32 PM »
Update! BB (my cat) got a new microchip a few weeks ago that is ISO-compliant and her rabies booster. Cost about $142. Still a long process until I find out when we leave (hoping April sometime). Vet ordered me a fish flavored gabapentin liquid medication which should keep her chilled out, but not sedated. Will be doing a test run when I have a full day to administer and observe.

Question about the Health Certificate and Declaration forms: I found a link for a website that has bilingual French/English forms. But this doesn't seem to necessarily be a standard form. If I'm going through France to get to the UK, will I need a French form? Or does it matter since it's a standard form for EU travel?

• Liked: 13
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2016, 06:43:59 PM »
The form needs to be bilingual for English and the language of you're EU entry point, which i believe is Paris, so you need the English/French one.  If you aren't found a ride you might look into Pet-Moves, they will take you from CDG to the UK through the tunnel.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »
I'm taking the local trains. TGV and National Rail will allow the cat. If my boyfriend can't find a friend to give us a ride across the channel, we're going to use a cab service out of Folkestone. BB's past the 21 day mark for rabies vaccine. I'm starting the paperwork process for my UK nursing license and when I get the okay to take the on-site test in Northampton, I'll be taking her over. I'm hoping we'll be able to go sometime in April. May at the latest.

Sponsored Links