Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving Belongings (Small amount)  (Read 752 times)

• Liked: 1
Moving Belongings (Small amount)
« on: February 17, 2016, 04:44:36 PM »
I am gearing up to get going in a few months, and I have been looking into different moving options for my stuff. I am getting rid of all of my furniture and will only be bringing a few boxes of books, some clothing, and a couple of rucksacks. I am going to try and bring over most of the clothes in a large suitcase over the course of two trips.  I've gotten a few quotes from companies including UPakWeShip, but they all seem way over the top in terms of cost for the small amount of belongings I have ($600-1000). I do not need any of my things right away. When I was a kid, our family moved to Spain in 1993, and I remember we had to wait three months for our belongings to come via ship. This is something I'm more than willing to do again if it's cheap. I'm just not sure where to go. I also realize a LOT may have changed in the last 23 years (;P) and that these were arrangements the government made and paid for that I may not have access to. Any insights and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Moving Belongings (Small amount)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:07:18 PM »
If you don't have a great deal to bring you might find that excess baggage on the plane would be the best option. And depending on the class of flight you buy, you may have up to 3 suitcases at 50b weight at no extra charge.

Sponsored Links