Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship referees - retired??  (Read 3179 times)

• Liked: 0
Citizenship referees - retired??
« on: February 21, 2016, 09:41:18 PM »
Hey everyone!

Not having much luck finding answers...

Looking for a professional referee for my citizenship application... I have a teacher or police officer in the states who would vouch for me, however both are retired.  Do they qualify?

If not I know someone here who is a public relations officer for the company I work for.  I know PR isn't on the official list but might it be accepted?  What about an HR person??

Thanks for any advice!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:44:37 PM by staceyann »

• It's an adventure now.
  • Liked: 30
Re: Citizenship referees - retired??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 08:45:26 AM »
One of mine was a health visitor who retired in 2010 and it wasn't an issue.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:50:22 PM »
Cheers Gwen!!

• Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:52:59 PM »
For what it's worth, I called the Passport Advice Line stating that I was applying for naturalisation, and wanted some clarification in terms of what a "Professional Person" is.  The person I spoke to said that if you need a degree to do the job, then your referee would be considered "professional."  If in doubt, but looking for some confirmation from a source other than UKY, the number for the Passport Adviceline is: 0300 222 0000

I had rung up, because "Pharmacist" was on the list, and I know several registered (but not practicing) pharmacists through work, so I wasn't sure if the fact that they weren't practicing mattered or not. Turns out it doesn't!
2007-Short Term Student;   2010-T4;   2011-T1 PSW;   2013-FLR(M);    2015-ILR;    2016 - Citizenship (approved!)

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 05:37:51 PM »
One of mine was a health visitor who retired in 2010 and it wasn't an issue.

Hi Gwen, we know of a retired professional who we may ask to be the professional reference for my wifes UK Citizenship, can you tell me if you used the retired Health Visitor for your Professional UK Citizenship referee? Not the reference that has to be a British Passport holder over 25 or a Professional person, but the one that HAS to be a professional Person?

• It's an adventure now.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 06:49:27 PM »
Hi Gwen, we know of a retired professional who we may ask to be the professional reference for my wifes UK Citizenship, can you tell me if you used the retired Health Visitor for your Professional UK Citizenship referee? Not the reference that has to be a British Passport holder over 25 or a Professional person, but the one that HAS to be a professional Person?

Yes, we used her as the professional referee and had no issues.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 08:04:16 PM »
Thanks Gwen, did she just put down Retired Health Visitor for her profession on the form?

What year was it that you applied for Citizenship if you don't mind me asking, hope it was quite recent so nothing much will have changed in that respect.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 10:08:42 PM »
My understanding is that professional referees are not supposed to be retired, as checks are made with professional associations and licensing agencies for verification.

• It's an adventure now.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 12:15:34 AM »
Thanks Gwen, did she just put down Retired Health Visitor for her profession on the form?

What year was it that you applied for Citizenship if you don't mind me asking, hope it was quite recent so nothing much will have changed in that respect.

She put Health Visitor (Retired).

I applied for citizenship in 2015 and received it this year.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab