Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Exact timeline of Annex IV  (Read 1406 times)

• Liked: 0
Exact timeline of Annex IV
« on: February 24, 2016, 09:59:39 PM »
I'm unsure of the exact timeline for getting the Annex IV form completed and this 10-day requirement.  As far as I can tell, there are 2 parties that have to sign the form: my personal vet and the USDA official.  Do BOTH of those have to happen within 10 days of my flight or just the USDA official endorsement?

If it's both, does that mean that:
1 - I go to the vet at least 21 days before the flight to have the rabies shot administered (already have microchip and it's a cat so don't need anything else).  Presumably we fill out part of the form at this time while we have everything right in front of us regarding the microchip, vaccine batch, etc.
2 - I go back to the vet 10 days before the flight just to have them sign the form.
3 - I immediately overnight it to the USDA for their endorsement.

And if it's only the USDA endorsement that has to be within 10 days, then I assume the entire form can be completed and signed by my vet when I get the rabies shot, and then I'll just hold on to it until 10 days before the flight, at which time I overnight it to USDA.

Appreciate any help.

Kate

• Liked: 1
Exact timeline of Annex IV
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 07:09:04 AM »
I've recently done this with my dog but she had the chip and rabies done. I had the rabies certificate from the vet, they just needed to add the information required.
Check with your vet that they have done these forms before, I was lucky my vet did.  The 10 days must be followed - I gave myself some leeway in case something happened. Meaning our flight was Sunday night so I did it the Monday before. This way she could fly out Monday/Tuesday after if something happened. The paperwork was still valid, this was a suggestion from my vet.
Also check about USDA office. Turned out I didn't have to overnight, there was an office a few miles away by the airport. I just waited there a few hours. Once it was all approved I had to go back to vet Friday for tapeworm treatment (dogs only) then to cargo company Sunday before flight. My cargo company also checked my paperwork before Sunday so that was a relief.
The vet form - health certificate and USDA approval has to be within 10 days of flight.
I've attached a photo of the checklist I was sent, hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:16:11 AM by jenanycla01 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab