Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: American food at my Tesco  (Read 7426 times)

• Liked: 533
Re: American food at my Tesco
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2016, 06:11:50 PM »
It's nearly that tie of year where I stock up on anything and everything I can find here that happens to have pumpkin in it.

Too soon...too soon...
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 68
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2016, 10:06:58 PM »
Too soon...too soon...

Only a couple of weeks til the start of the -ber months! Never too son to start stocking up (especially since I only go to Tesco ever so often).

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2016, 02:23:33 PM »
I was at Sainsbury's yesterday staring at the ice cream section in a futile attempt to make more interesting flavors appear and another woman came over lamenting the same thing - another American! We chatted for ages, it was hilarious - she's also from the South and I think we both missed the ability to just chat it up with strangers like we used to.

Also, how much do I miss the variety of ice creams?? Cherry cordial, dutch chocolate almond, even just some cookies and cream or mint chocolate chip! The quality of the ice cream here is decent, I just want something different!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »
I was at Sainsbury's yesterday staring at the ice cream section in a futile attempt to make more interesting flavors appear and another woman came over lamenting the same thing - another American! We chatted for ages, it was hilarious - she's also from the South and I think we both missed the ability to just chat it up with strangers like we used to.

Also, how much do I miss the variety of ice creams?? Cherry cordial, dutch chocolate almond, even just some cookies and cream or mint chocolate chip! The quality of the ice cream here is decent, I just want something different!

I miss Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie and the american version of mint chocolate chip.

My Tesco Extra and Sainsbury's both have mint chocolate chip ice cream, cookie dough and quite a few other 'interesting' flavours as well. Tesco had more variety by far as it's a larger store.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »
I miss Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie and the american version of mint chocolate chip.

I saw this at Heron foods on Friday! I don't normally go in there but my friend told me they had Ben & Jerry's pumpkin pie flavor! I had a look, no pumpkin pie, but they had others like this one. Obvious they were from last Christmas, but I assume they were still good :-P

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »
I saw this at Heron foods on Friday! I don't normally go in there but my friend told me they had Ben & Jerry's pumpkin pie flavor! I had a look, no pumpkin pie, but they had others like this one. Obvious they were from last Christmas, but I assume they were still good :-P

Mint chocolate cookie is a Christmas flavour?! Are you thinking Minter-Wonderland? They had that for Christmas last year into Jan/Feb, but that's a different flavour to mint chocolate cookie, that's the literal name of it. No puns or anything. haha. Don't get me wrong I love  Minter-wonderland, it's just mint ice cream with chocolate chunks. Sooo nice.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2016, 05:00:04 PM »
Ahh yes that was the one! Sorry for the mix up haha I just remember seeing the mint! I did totally think it was the same because of the weird puns haha

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2016, 06:29:11 PM »
Ahh yes that was the one! Sorry for the mix up haha I just remember seeing the mint! I did totally think it was the same because of the weird puns haha
Totally no worries! I was just going to go on a hunt for it if it was over here. I love mint chocolate cookie. It's SOOO nice.

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2016, 02:40:24 PM »
My Sainsbury's Superstore had nothing more interesting than Pralines and Cream. :( There was a variety of Ben & Jerry's, but none of my favorites (that I'd be willing to shell out the extra pounds for). I will definitely look out for Minter Wonderland this Christmas!

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
My Sainsbury's Superstore had nothing more interesting than Pralines and Cream. :( There was a variety of Ben & Jerry's, but none of my favorites (that I'd be willing to shell out the extra pounds for). I will definitely look out for Minter Wonderland this Christmas!

That totally blows. Any chance of putting in a request for a specific flavour that you see on their national website? I know you could ask stores in the US to carry certain products if they didn't already and many of them would do trials.

Ben & Jerry's is often on sale for half off, making a pint 2.50 gbp (or less), which I totally find an okay price since B&J is more expensive than store brand in the US as well. :)

In Grand Junction, where I used to live, we were a test area for new products, so we often had new things first and even things that ended up not making national sales and being discontinued for lack of a better word. haha.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2016, 04:28:04 PM »
You guys sound like you've done your research on this already, but you know you can get more flavours at the stands they have in movie theatres?

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2016, 04:38:27 PM »
You guys sound like you've done your research on this already, but you know you can get more flavours at the stands they have in movie theatres?

Are you talking Ben & Jerry's flavours, jim?

I'm golden with my selection at the stores I have. I've not seen better selection at the movie theatres close to me. But that might be a good option for inversed.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »
Ben & Jerry's is often on sale for half off, making a pint 2.50 gbp (or less), which I totally find an okay price since B&J is more expensive than store brand in the US as well. :)

Ben & Jerrys is always (I believe) 2 for £4 in Farmfoods... that's the only place I will buy it, as I think the normal price is ridiculous!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2016, 10:37:43 AM »
Are you talking Ben & Jerry's flavours, jim?

I'm golden with my selection at the stores I have. I've not seen better selection at the movie theatres close to me. But that might be a good option for inversed.

Yeah, in London some movie theatres have a whole counter dedicated to Ben and Jerry's with a person scooping it into cones.  They usually have more flavours than the typical grocery store.   It's separate from the concession stand.

Have you not seen that?

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
Yeah, in London some movie theatres have a whole counter dedicated to Ben and Jerry's with a person scooping it into cones.  They usually have more flavours than the typical grocery store.   It's separate from the concession stand.

Have you not seen that?

I think they have that at the movie theatre in intu (a mall) in Derby, but that's 30 minutes away from me and we don't go very often. If I had my license I'd take myself, but over an hour bus ride is NOT worth it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab