Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: American food at my Tesco  (Read 7423 times)

• Liked: 68
Re: American food at my Tesco
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2016, 12:39:37 PM »
My local Tesco has let me down!

I went to the store and they didn't sell it anymore. Told me if I go online to that link that was sent to me here then I could *possibly* have it delivered to store. But when I put in my details,, suddenly the pumpkin is unavailable. Nooooo! :-(

I've admittedly sent a message to Tesco practically begging for them to have it available this Autumn haha

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »
My local Tesco has let me down!

I went to the store and they didn't sell it anymore. Told me if I go online to that link that was sent to me here then I could *possibly* have it delivered to store. But when I put in my details,, suddenly the pumpkin is unavailable. Nooooo! :-(

I've admittedly sent a message to Tesco practically begging for them to have it available this Autumn haha

Oh, no!

They have it on Amazon but of course, more expensive!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2016, 12:52:36 PM »
Oh, that sucks BriKH.

And Larrabee already suggested it. Haha

Have you tried Amazon? They have everything I have ever looked for. They even have Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn and Yoshida Teriyaki sauce.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2016, 12:58:37 PM »
Yea, just more than double the price *sigh* but if I get desperate closer to Thanksgiving, I'll have to invest!

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »
A local American restaurant sells red,white and blue twinkies , key lime slime twinkies, baseball hostess cupcakes and sea salt and caramel hostess cupcakes ! It's been awhile since I've visited America and I wasn't aware that all these flavours were available. Very cool
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2016, 02:55:59 PM »
I didn't know that about the ice cream! We have a toddler so rarely go to the movies but I'll keep it in mind!

This is totally apropos to a question I wanted to ask here anyway: my husband and I went to see a play at the Theatre Royal last week and at intermission everyone lined up for little tubs of ice cream! Is that just one of those British Things? I've never seen people eating ice cream in a fancy theater before! It wasn't like a musical or something either, it was a play by Harold Pinter!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2016, 03:24:43 PM »
Ice cream in the intermission at the theatre is standard in the UK - you'll get it at every theatre here and it's one of the best parts of going :P.

I was surprised when I went to the theatre in the US and there was no ice cream. I was like: "what do people do in the intermission if they don't buy ice cream?" :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »
Ice cream in the intermission at the theatre is standard in the UK - you'll get it at every theatre here and it's one of the best parts of going :P.

I was surprised when I went to the theatre in the US and there was no ice cream. I was like: "what do people do in the intermission if they don't buy ice cream?" :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was surprised that all sorts of people came back with ice cream when we went to Les Mis in London. That's interesting to know.

In the states they tend to sell things that make less mess than ice cream. Candy, popcorn, that sort of thing. Though some theatres sold Dibs for awhile. (Bite size bits of ice cream dipped in chocolate).
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 111
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2016, 03:41:27 PM »
Y'all's talk about ice cream got to me. I developed an intolerance to dairy products in the past 12 years and I've been so good at not really missing it. Until today! I've broken down and bought B&J and I just know I'll be in knots later but I just couldn't fight it! Thanks you guys!!

One thing I will miss when I move back to England is my beloved Alamo Drafthouse movie theater. I love throwing back a few beers and eating proper nachos (with real cheddar and not that horrible velveeta junk) and a bacon burger. *sigh*

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »
I found canned pumpkin in the American food section at my Tesco Extra! It's a generic brand I've never heard of before, but I bought three cans anyway.

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2016, 11:18:08 AM »
I found canned pumpkin in the American food section at my Tesco Extra! It's a generic brand I've never heard of before, but I bought three cans anyway.

When I eventually find some, I am going to stock up! The closest Tesco that has pumpkin now to me is on the other side of the city and not easy for me to get to. Tesco told me though I can request that my local store stock it - which I am going to beg them to do tomorrow!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2016, 04:41:21 PM »
There's plenty in Twickenham .

Seems like I heard on the radio that the pumpkin crop failed last year.  Something like it was too wet.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2016, 04:04:47 PM »
Here's what you need to know about the 2015 pumpkin crop:

http://fortune.com/2015/11/26/thanksgiving-pumpkin-shortage/

Sponsored Links