Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Radiography in exeter?  (Read 3012 times)

Radiography in exeter?
« on: March 23, 2016, 02:01:25 PM »
I've found a course that I'm considering (always open to other options). Medical Imagining (Diagnostic Radiography).
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/medical-imaging/imaging/
I believe I will have to enroll into the Foundation or INTO program as I did not take AP exams in high school, but I'm not sure which at the moment as they seem similar. There are general subjects I can study under those programs but I'm not sure which one will correlate with radiography? If anyone knows, please respond. The subjects I'm talking about are listed on the two links below. I've also emailed the school several times this past month and am awaiting a reply... Any help would be appreciated. http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/foundation/foundation/
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/foundation/diploma/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:40:05 PM by komorebin »

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: Radiography in exeter?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »
Your links are broken, but I had a look at the page you linked to in your earlier post, and it appears that the INTO programme is only for students who wish to study a few select subjects, so probably that option isn't open to you. The foundation programme has a Biomedical, Life and Environmental Sciences option, which seems to correspond to radiography.

I really think you need to speak to someone at the university, though.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 03:43:44 PM »
The foundation programme has a Biomedical, Life and Environmental Sciences option, which seems to correspond to radiography.

I really think you need to speak to someone at the university, though.

Apologies. Just updated the links! Yeah, it's odd how limited the options in the INTO program are. I've sent the department an email to clarify. Hopefully, they reply soon. Thanks!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 03:55:01 PM »
I would encourage you to also investigate if the qualifications are recognized in both the UK and US.  As you won't (necessarily) be able to stay in the UK to work, you don't want to have a degree that isn't going to transfer to the US. 

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 04:02:58 PM »
I would encourage you to also investigate if the qualifications are recognized in both the UK and US.  As you won't (necessarily) be able to stay in the UK to work, you don't want to have a degree that isn't going to transfer to the US.

I would imagine it does since I would be studying for 3-4 years, but I definitely need to do more research on that. As for work, are you sure? I know people who have graduated university in the U.K. and were able to find work.

• Liked: 47
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 05:45:35 PM »

I would imagine it does since I would be studying for 3-4 years, but I definitely need to do more research on that. As for work, are you sure? I know people who have graduated university in the U.K. and were able to find work.

Finding a workplace that is willing to sponsor and a job that is at a high enough level to even get a visa for is very difficult. For example, I'm a licensed lawyer in the US with a UK masters degree and finding work that could sponsor me was literally impossible due to my technical job level.

That's not to say it can't be done, but I wouldn't pin all your hopes and dreams on that possibility.  I think you do have slightly better chances in the medical field though as the NHS hires immigrants all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 06:24:26 PM »

Were they able to find work very recently?  In the last 12 months or so?  The rules have changed quite a bit.  A few years ago it was not hard to stay and work in the UK after attending UK university.

No, I wouldn't for a second assume the degrees are transferable between the US and UK.  There is every chance you would have to have additional education in the US to be qualified in the US.  Make sure you do lots of research.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab