Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: No Shortage of Root Beer Yet  (Read 9123 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: No Shortage of Root Beer Yet
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »
Back to the root beer thing, there was some A&W on the shelf at Tesco.  Are you sure that ban has been implemented?

Yes, the stuff at Tesco is very good, much higher quality than A&W. However, only larger Tescos with an American junk food section would have it.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2016, 03:56:55 PM »
I saw yet another brand of root beer in Waitrose the other day.  Who was it that was going all chicken little about the root beer running out?  Lyonaria?   

• Liked: 537
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2016, 07:13:45 PM »
I saw yet another brand of root beer in Waitrose the other day.  Who was it that was going all chicken little about the root beer running out?  Lyonaria?

Yeah, yeah... You're finding rootbeer here in the UK. haha. What I said is they won't be importing US brands like Barq's or A&W because they have too much of that one additive.

The various rootbeers I've had here have been, weird. I had this one made in London by an American and it had maple syrup in it. I mean, why would you do that?!

I would kill for a Barq's rootbeer.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2016, 08:01:27 PM »
Yeah, yeah... You're finding rootbeer here in the UK. haha. What I said is they won't be importing US brands like Barq's or A&W because they have too much of that one additive.

I would kill for a Barq's rootbeer.

Nah, it's easy to find A&W here, that's the brand I see most often!

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2016, 09:56:36 AM »
I can certainly agree that there is no place in root beer for Maple Syrup.  Seems like you'd waste a lot of expensive maple syrup and mess up your root beer

• Liked: 68
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2016, 10:59:38 AM »
I can certainly agree that there is no place in root beer for Maple Syrup.  Seems like you'd waste a lot of expensive maple syrup and mess up your root beer

I'd try it, but seems like it would be far too sweet!

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 12:19:53 PM »

I was very annoyed after I spent 3GPB on a can of it at Byron Burger and it tasted like maple. I couldn't even drink it.

I don't remember it being overly sweet, as I think they used the syrup to help sweeten it rather than all sugar. It had a VERY strong maple taste. Maple syrup is a breakfast thing, IMHO.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2016, 10:23:49 AM »

I think you guys are talking about the Soda Folk brand root beer.  I am a big fan of root beer and love the Soda Folk one. The maple syrup is pretty subtle and this is one of the best root beers I have ever tasted IMO. If you haven't tried  it, it's worth a try. 

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
I think you guys are talking about the Soda Folk brand root beer.  I am a big fan of root beer and love the Soda Folk one. The maple syrup is pretty subtle and this is one of the best root beers I have ever tasted IMO. If you haven't tried  it, it's worth a try.

One person's subtle is another's smack in the face. The maple syrup was an over powering flavour after the initial root beer taste.

I love maple syrup, but only on waffles.

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2016, 05:47:56 PM »

One person's subtle is another's smack in the face. The maple syrup was an over powering flavour after the initial root beer taste.

I love maple syrup, but only on waffles.

Hey, to each his/her own. : )   At least you tried it. If you like root beer, I would recommend trying it as now it's my favourite root beer.

I was considering making some of my own root beer and found some good looking recipes on the Internet. I just need to find a place to buy all of the ingredients. Has anyone made their own?

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »
I went to a brew pub in the US where they made their own.  I liked it but was more focuses on the beer.

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2016, 09:18:42 PM »
Just chiming in to say they sell Boylan's at my local Sainsbury's, in the US section since a couple months ago, and I think it's really good. (Not sickly sweet like some of the ones I've tried here, or the god awful stuff that gets labeled as cream soda sometimes.)

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »

Another variety at my local Tesco.    Haven't tried this one yet.

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »

Another variety at my local Tesco.    Haven't tried this one yet.

Ah, let us know how it is. Curious.

I bought this from the same brand:

It is comparable to the generic box Mac n cheese from the US, but only cost like £1 instead of the £3 or so for the imported Craft brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »
How about some Australian Root Beer?  This was in my Tesco

Very strong sasparilla taste.  Novelty bottle and ring pull add to the fun

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab