Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taco Bell  (Read 9712 times)

• Liked: 537
Taco Bell
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:18:55 PM »
I spent the afternoon in Sheffield today, which has not one but TWO Taco Bells! Who knew it was that popular? And can I say, the Taco Bell's over here are pretty cool places! They actually serve fast food over here too! Unlike the slow McDonald's.

My taco craving has been sated, at least for a little while. My guy is not a Mexican food fan. (yes, I know Taco Bell isn't REAL Mexican food). The chips and nacho cheese was just not the same. They put a flavouring on the corn chips. I really don't know why... But it did hit the spot. I felt like we could have been on a shopping trip back in the US. :)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 585
Re: Taco Bell
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:53:51 AM »
Yay!  Now you're wondering why you waited so long, since Sheffield really isn't that far from you!?  ;)

The Taco Bell I go to in Sheffield is the Devonshire Street one... where's the other one?

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »
That's the one we went to! The other one is over on Ecclesall Road. I have no idea where that is though...

It's a little over an hour by train from me, so it's not too far and 20 GBP isn't too bad for a train both ways. :)

Sheffield is a pretty cool place. Reminded my of LoDo in Denver actually. Other than the the fact that there are much older buildings. haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »
I love Sheffield... we will be going for New Year again this year.  Not just for Taco Bell  ;) , but it's just such a great wee city with friendly people, good transport, and absolutely outstanding for real ale!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 04:43:35 PM »
I remember seeing a post about Taco Bell before but I think it was much older so wasn't sure it was worth the risk to drive there and find out if it still existed. I am so glad you've posted this as it's now just reminded me that I need to go seek this fabled Taco Bell out! hahah
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 01:09:13 PM »
I miss Taco Bell and am craving tacos now that this has been brought up. I definitely visited Taco Bell last time in the us.  Loved the cheesy Gordita crunches. Yum yum
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 154
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 12:11:38 PM »
I just visited America two weeks ago and had some glorious Taco Bell lol couldn't convince my British husband to have any. Funny, I hardly ate the stuff while living there but now I think about it all the time.

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »
I miss Taco Bell and am craving tacos now that this has been brought up. I definitely visited Taco Bell last time in the us.  Loved the cheesy Gordita crunches. Yum yum

I don't remember if those were on the menu of not, but they did have a lot of the usual things! No cinnamon twists though...

There are actually 10 Taco Bells in the UK!
http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/company-information/

There are some weird things on the menu. What is with Brits and putting breaded fried chicken in everything?

I just visited America two weeks ago and had some glorious Taco Bell lol couldn't convince my British husband to have any. Funny, I hardly ate the stuff while living there but now I think about it all the time.

Yeah, my brit 'doesn't like Mexican food' or Chinese. I'm not too sad about the Chinese though, British Chinese foods tends to taste like Indian food to me. So not what I want when I want Beef with Broccoli.

Anyone else kill for a Wendy's burger? In n Out would be amazing, but Wendy's is better than McDonald's or Burger King...

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
On the last trip home, I introduced my family to Wendy's.  The wife and kids went nuts for it, they wouldn't even let me go to Taco Bell after that. 

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »
How about Bojangles?  When I used to drive the school bus, I would stop at Bojangles and we'd all have biscuits.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 12:55:18 PM »
I don't remember if those were on the menu of not, but they did have a lot of the usual things! No cinnamon twists though...

There are actually 10 Taco Bells in the UK!
http://www.tacobelluk.co.uk/company-information/

HOW CAN THEY NOT HAVE CINNAMON TWISTS! BLASPHEMY!

I actually saw how many there were the other day! I was driving back down south from Darlington and one of the signs suddenly triggered my brain that there was a Taco Bell somewhere up north - only I couldn't' remember where. Unfortunately, I looked too late and we'd have to travel a bit out of the way if we wanted it but I saw that there were actually quite a few locations!

Lucky my husband likes mexican food (i don't know what I'd do if he didn't!) and he's tried Taco bell. He doesn't dislike it or anything but I don't think he gets what's special about it - and, to be fair, I'm not sure I really could say either. It just is. I mean, seriously, BAJA BLAST! (would kill fr some baja just now! haha).

What I really need to find in the shops is a tostada! With that you can make your ow Taco Bell (sort of)! The Crunchwrap supreme is sounding wellll good right about now

http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/taco-bell-crunchwrap-supreme-copycat/
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 533
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 01:46:23 PM »
When I used to drive the school bus, I would stop at Bojangles

That's pretty close to an Arlo Guthrie song right there....

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 02:02:51 PM »
On the last trip home, I introduced my family to Wendy's.  The wife and kids went nuts for it, they wouldn't even let me go to Taco Bell after that.

My husband thinks Wendy's is amazing as well! I would love a burger.

How about Bojangles?  When I used to drive the school bus, I would stop at Bojangles and we'd all have biscuits.
I'very never heard of Bojangles as a food place. What area of the States is it in?

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »

HOW CAN THEY NOT HAVE CINNAMON TWISTS! BLASPHEMY!

I actually saw how many there were the other day! I was driving back down south from Darlington and one of the signs suddenly triggered my brain that there was a Taco Bell somewhere up north - only I couldn't' remember where. Unfortunately, I looked too late and we'd have to travel a bit out of the way if we wanted it but I saw that there were actually quite a few locations!

Lucky my husband likes mexican food (i don't know what I'd do if he didn't!) and he's tried Taco bell. He doesn't dislike it or anything but I don't think he gets what's special about it - and, to be fair, I'm not sure I really could say either. It just is. I mean, seriously, BAJA BLAST! (would kill fr some baja just now! haha).

What I really need to find in the shops is a tostada! With that you can make your ow Taco Bell (sort of)! The Crunchwrap supreme is sounding wellll good right about now

http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/taco-bell-crunchwrap-supreme-copycat/

I was bummed about the lack of cinnamon twists. Always loved those! They do have  churros with chocolate sauce, but it's not quite the same...

I was wondering if they had tostadas here the other day and forget to check at the Sainsbury's. I know it's not quite right, but if you break a hard she'll in two and break off the rounded edges it's a make do tostada, yeah?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:19:55 PM by lyonaria »

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 02:10:58 PM »
My husband thinks Wendy's is amazing as well! I would love a burger.
I'very never heard of Bojangles as a food place. What area of the States is it in?

Down south, around Charlotte.  They had biscuits and Fried chicken, and dirty rice.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab