Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greater Manchester anyone?  (Read 1778 times)

• Liked: 68
Greater Manchester anyone?
« on: May 27, 2016, 09:25:41 AM »
I seem to see quite a few expats either in Yorkshire or the South, but I was wondering if anyone else lived in or around sunny Manchester?

• Liked: 537
Re: Greater Manchester anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 10:41:30 AM »
I'm not really super close to Manchester, but I am in Derbyshire, closest larger city is Burton on Trent. My husband lived in Manchester before we met. I haven't had a chance to visit up your way yet. Closest I've been would be Sheffield, Stoke on Trent or the Peake District. :)

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 12:05:40 PM »
The closest I've been your way is Nottingham! I've hardly ever ventured south (yet)! If we take a day trip out, we usually head towards Yorkshire.

I lived in Liverpool for 4 1/2 years (that's where I went to University) before moving to Manchester. I still worked there until last year too so all my friends are there and feel like I have none in Manchester :-/

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:10:36 PM »
Nottingham is a cool city! It was our closest city to give notice for our marriage back in 2014, so I've spent a bit of time there. Yorkshire is just lovely! I really enjoyed Whitby/Scarborough and York when I've been.

I can understand that. It seems to take quite a bit of time to make friends once your out of school... Work is good place for it, I've got a few folks from my last job I'm keeping in touch with (I'm unemployed at the moment myself... It blows). All of my friends are back in Colorado/US. So I totally understand.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab