Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: STOMP in the West End  (Read 1606 times)

• Liked: 0
STOMP in the West End
« on: May 31, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »
Has anybody seen STOMP before?

I entered this competition to win a pair of tickets & free meal (fingers crossed):
http://www.theatrebookings.com/free-london-theatre-tickets

Would like to know if this is something that is worth prioritizing among all the other great shows in the West End?

Even if I don't win, I've been curious about this show for a while.

Thanks!
Rosie

• Liked: 537
Re: STOMP in the West End
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »
I haven't seen STOMP live, but we watched a recorded performance when I was in school. It really is quite cool what they do. The show I saw was all percussion, so having an interest in that is a useful. They make music with all sorts of unexpected things. I'm sure they have youtube videos and photos from the performances if you want to see what it's like.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »
I've seen Stomp and I like it! It is a bit like Blue Man Group in that it's a bunch of little things strung together with no plot. Sort of a feast for the senses.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »
Stomp is very entertaining.  It's worth watching.   :)

SoS - fun fact.  I went to high school with one of the founding members of the Blue Man Group.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 03:03:21 PM »
I'm sure they have youtube videos and photos from the performances if you want to see what it's like.
Thanks lyonaria.  :) I've previously seen some videos online and really enjoyed them, but wanted some assurance whether it's worth attending in person.

Sort of a feast for the senses.
Well that sounds delightful!  ;)

Thanks for the help so far!

We will see if I win this competition first, but if not, tickets are surprisingly cheap.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 04:11:02 PM »
SoS - fun fact.  I went to high school with one of the founding members of the Blue Man Group.

I often wonder about things like that:

Teacher: Billy, what are your plans? Accounting is steady....perhaps the Coast Guard?
Billy: I'm thinking of a play....something with blue people...completely blue....they don't talk....and they do funny things.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 11:50:27 AM »
I often wonder about things like that:

Teacher: Billy, what are your plans? Accounting is steady....perhaps the Coast Guard?
Billy: I'm thinking of a play....something with blue people...completely blue....they don't talk....and they do funny things.

hahaha was just gointo ask KFdancer what he was like in school - if he always wanted to be blue? LOL

I saw Blueman group once and left with one of their paintings! Think it's somewhere with my stuff in the US though as I wasn't sure the safest way to transport it back to the UK when I moved.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab