Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rolling Balls ...and starting them  (Read 3198 times)

• If I don't surface in 3 minutes,  come get me
  • Liked: 0
Rolling Balls ...and starting them
« on: June 05, 2002, 05:41:45 PM »
It was new , like cement , and I had to put my foot in it!

But since I'm here,   I'm Steve, (of course), and Pam's my importee from Alabama.  I'm a plain ole english man, and live less than two miles from where I was born....but thats what we're like sometiimes.

I have no frustrations to air at this time about my wife.  I quite like her.  But, if any arise I know where to come.

Thanks for the niche Leah.   I shall make sure Pam doesn't find out about this area.

::)
Steve ( Mr Pam/Itsbcoz...u know what I mean)

• Liked: 24
Re: Rolling Balls ...and starting them
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 06:03:12 PM »
LOL Steve, I'm glad you're on the ball. I just made it a little while ago, the board that is. Was just popping in to make the first post, and happy to see it's been done. You're most welcome.  :) Enjoy!

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 08:44:00 PM »
Hi Steve,

I'm YankeeLady's bloke, and I'm here ... because she loves getting new members :-), so this'll boost her numbers, also I need to keep an eye on her.  I guess you don't get anyone more nervous about Internet romance than those who have already married because of it!  How did you meet Pam?  Frustrations about my wife, well, I think I'll have to see how I can edit Leah's board so that she can't read the forum before I'm going there!  Christ, Leah, do you have to use these smily things rather than the old :-), I don't like it, they're blinking and all sorts, scaring me.  When I was a lad, we didn't have graphics and the like, we made use with any old ascii character we could get hold of, and I'd be happy with that, kids of today!
I'm nobody, just leah logged in as a normal user to test something.

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 08:46:02 PM »
Christ, it bloody replaces my smiles with the graphics, how clever, and horrible.  I feel like one of those people that uses these things now.  I'm a sad case.  Well, you're not giving me one of those graphic things next to my name, horrible.

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2002, 09:10:21 PM »
I guess you don't get anyone more nervous about Internet romance than those who have already married because of it!

Oh crap... you're on to me and Leah then?  :-*

When I was a lad, we didn't have graphics and the like, we made use with any old ascii character we could get hold of, and I'd be happy with that, kids of today!

And you had to walk up a hill to and from school, right?

sorry for barging in here boys... just want to say hi to leah's hubby, Steve & Glen!
Now if I could just convince David to get his butt in here...
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2002, 09:31:51 PM »
Want to add my hello to leahshubby, so ...

Hello, leahshubby!  Nice to meet you.

Looks like the Spouse House will be primarily a male forum -- unless the Muffin Man can persuade his better half to join in. But I'm glad Muffin has company.  He's been alone for so long, poor thing.  Kilt n Crown Jewels seems to have deserted, but now he has UKSteve and Mr Leah so he may not feel so overwhelmed by the estrogen in the boards.

I don't have a spouse to post in this house, but in my typical female fashion, I find this exciting.  Briilliant idea.

Okay, I'll leave now.  Let you guys get on with it.  Cheerio.  ;D

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2002, 02:11:52 AM »
Hello UKSteve,

Loved your posting.  Gave me a good chuckle.  Oh, no seems like the men will control this section of the forum....unless Big A's better half joins in...and ??

Now, Big A won't feel so trapped and taken for granted..  He now can commiserate with you, Belgium Beer, Leahshubby, Kevin (Islandgirl).  Glad to see the male population picking up these days...

Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2002, 02:12:44 AM by NYState_of_Mind »
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2002, 02:17:24 AM »
I'm YankeeLady's bloke...

HI THERE - YOU'RE LADY IS ONE OF A KIND....   SHE BRINGS SO MUCH SUNSHINE [smiley=sunny.gif] TO ALL OF US AND FOR CREATING SUCH A BRILLIANT FORUM.

She's a STAR!!  [smiley=crown.gif]
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2002, 01:08:22 PM »
Hey Marlespo, that's amazing, how did you know I walked up a hill to school?  I tell yer, biggest hill ever.  My school was in the clouds, that's probably why I can play football like a brazilian, high-altitude training and all that.  But yeah, it was a big hill, and it used to snow all the time, and the school bus could never get through in the snow, so I had to stay at home all the time.  Wow, great memories. Why doesn't it snow like that in this country any more, I wouldn't be able to get to work. Why don't they ever close work because of snow, it's not fair, being adult sucks.  I remember listening to the radio in the morning, praying that my school had been closed by the snow.  It's be great if they could do the same with businesses.

And as for this thing about Leah, and bringing everyone sunshine and stuff, hey, bring it on, I'd love some of that, I can't even get her to put some cold pepsi max in the fridge.  She drinks it warm, how outrageous is that?
Women moan about that toilet seat thing, but not re-filling the fridge with cold drink is much worse, and then to drink it warm in front of my face, terrible.

• If I don't surface in 3 minutes,  come get me
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2002, 01:24:42 PM »
HI Leahshubby

nice to hear from you.  Ah I can see where the pythonesque input from Leah comes from now, especially a la four yorkshiremen (surely you must have licked that hill clean as well as walk up it!!!!).

You asked about Pam (et moi), and it was the internet thing.  How comes it seems all the same way ...Brit Guy,  American Girl ...and then the guy gets to stay where he is and its the ladies that have to move?  Not all the time maybe. but there certainly seems an unfair balance ...weighted toward us.

Warm Pepsi?  As far as I knew,  Pam can not drink anything that's not meant to be hot, unless it is created from liquid nitrogen, chipped off the Glacial Shelf or churned from an Icee machine.  We have a fridge, but apparently that doesn't make the drinks cold enough.....brain freeze fodder.

Once i went to a Bennigans in the US, and was presented with a bottle of Newkie  (Newcastle Brown Ale), by the waitress......and it was nigh on frozen!  I mean , whats the point, at that temperature you may as well drink fuel from the lawnmower, it all tastes the same.

I'll stop there,  I don't want to give either the male population, or the British population of the uk-yankee site a bad name for complaining.

til next time

Steve ( Mr Pam/Itsbcoz...u know what I mean)

• I hate Mondays too!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2002, 02:19:19 PM »
Kilt n Crown Jewels seems to have deserted, but now he has UKSteve and Mr Leah so he may not feel so overwhelmed by the estrogen in the boards.

Hey, what am I? Chop liver? :-[ :-[
Dial 0800-HELP-SPOUSE when in need (members only)!

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2002, 08:02:55 PM »
Hey, what am I? Chop liver?

Sorry, Glen.  Didn't omit you on purpose.  I just thought you might be busy with empire stuff.  ;)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2002, 07:48:37 PM »

nice to hear from you.  Ah I can see where the pythonesque input from Leah comes from now, especially a la four yorkshiremen (surely you must have licked that hill clean as well as walk up it!!!!).

You asked about Pam (et moi), and it was the internet thing.  How comes it seems all the same way ...Brit Guy,  American Girl ...and then the guy gets to stay where he is and its the ladies that have to move?  Not all the time maybe. but there certainly seems an unfair balance ...weighted toward us.

Warm Pepsi?  As far as I knew,  Pam can not drink anything that's not meant to be hot, unless it is created from liquid nitrogen, chipped off the Glacial Shelf or churned from an Icee machine.  We have a fridge, but apparently that doesn't make the drinks cold enough.....brain freeze fodder.

Once i went to a Bennigans in the US, and was presented with a bottle of Newkie  (Newcastle Brown Ale), by the waitress......and it was nigh on frozen!  I mean , whats the point, at that temperature you may as well drink fuel from the lawnmower, it all tastes the same.

I'll stop there,  I don't want to give either the male population, or the British population of the uk-yankee site a bad name for complaining.

til next time

Hi Steve,

The Internet thing, well I actually went over to the US first.  I packed up my job, my house, sold my possessions etc., and went there to live. It didn't work out, I loved it there, but I was a little too young to make it work. I think the big thing though, is that you really need to move to the location of the bread winner. If Leah had a job in the states that paid good money, I'd gladly go and become a house husband, as she doesn't, and I do have such a job here, we really need to be here at this time.  If I could get a similar job in the US, maybe that would work, but at the time, I certainly didn't have the balls to start from scratch and go and do interviews and the rest.

As for cold drink, well, I've suggested to Leah that I might need to swap wives with you but she's not up for it ;-)  Can't get Pepsi cold enough, beer, depends what it is I guess, wouldn't want a pint of John Smiths too cold, but an ice cold Bud goes down well.

So tell me, how do you handle the mantle of being an "Internet" husband, do you tell people that you met on the Internet, what tends to be their impression?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab