Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: This might sound very old-ladyish...  (Read 2257 times)

• Liked: 1260
This might sound very old-ladyish...
« on: July 05, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »
...but I think there should be a card playing club hahah  ;D

Parents just visited from the US an I spent the evenings the last two weeks playing cards with my mum (cribbage, gin rummy, etc.) and I just think more people should get together to play cards and have cocktails....
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 533
Re: This might sound very old-ladyish...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 03:30:47 PM »
...but I think there should be a card playing club hahah  ;D

Parents just visited from the US an I spent the evenings the last two weeks playing cards with my mum (cribbage, gin rummy, etc.) and I just think more people should get together to play cards and have cocktails....

Cards are great. We play hearts and bridge.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:37:11 PM »
The husband and I are always on the look out for fun boardgames!

I used to play a fun game called Three Thirteens. It's most fun with a larger group of people, but you can play with a minimum of 3. I can also be a 'betting' game. We always played it with dimes. :)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 03:49:24 PM »
Cards are great. We play hearts and bridge.

Just learned cribbage and I've discovered I'm quite god at it! haha  ;) Not sure how to play bridge I don't think but I might know and just have no idea that this is what it's called! haha

Husband doesn't really play cards with me though unless we have a few people around and we are playing drinking card games but that's about it. There needs to be more bridge
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 03:50:38 PM »
The husband and I are always on the look out for fun boardgames!

I used to play a fun game called Three Thirteens. It's most fun with a larger group of people, but you can play with a minimum of 3. I can also be a 'betting' game. We always played it with dimes. :)

I got Quelf for Christmas two years ago in a grab and that is actually hilariously fun! That and Perudo! Would recommend those depending on the kind of games you like! There should be some type of card/board game club on here! More people should play boardgames!!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 533
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »
Hey I'm not averse to Uno....

My problem is that my wife is a heck of a card player and usually wins. She remembers cards and watches the way you arrange your hand and stuff like that..."Oh you played that two of clubs earlier and that means you are probably....."
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 05:19:08 PM »

My problem is that my wife is a heck of a card player and usually wins. She remembers cards and watches the way you arrange your hand and stuff like that..."Oh you played that two of clubs earlier and that means you are probably....."

Hahaha my mum kept getting annoyed because she'd win on the game where I was learning how to play and then after that I demolished her night after night for the most part. I was born with cards in my blood! They call me "First of my name. Card-born."
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 82
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 09:40:29 PM »

easy solution......stop rearranging your cards ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab