Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dog poo  (Read 1846 times)

• Liked: 533
Re: Dog poo
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 01:27:05 PM »
Agnes: Herbert, whatever it is it's staring at me with the cutest yellow eyes....like little nibblets of sweet corn....

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 08:28:06 PM »
This thread reminds me of my father. My dad is a 'pillar of the community' type. He helps everyone who needs it and is kind and generous to all his neighbors. However, he is not fond of dogs or dog walkers who allow their dogs to relieve themselves on other people's lawns. He often pulled a full Victor Meldrew on several dog-walkers in our neighborhood when I was in my early 20s. To be fair, they all picked up after their dogs. However, my Dad didn't want the dogs pooping or peeing on our front lawn because, as he says, 'You can't pick up pee!" and he always thought that even if they picked up poop, they wouldn't get all of it.  My Dad swore there was something about our house and lawn that lured the dogs to bathroom on it.

One time my mother and I were in the house. My father spied a woman walking her dog, who began to relieve itself on our front lawn. He shot out the front door while my mother and I stayed inside, listening through an open window. He berated the woman, who defended herself by saying she was going to pick it up.

He yelled, 'I don't care! Let your dog sh*t in your own yard! I don't want my daughter (my sis was about 6 at the time) cartwheeling into a pile of sh*t and p*ss!'  She continued to argue with him, so then he said, 'Okay, okay. Just give me your address. Tomorrow after my coffee, I'm going to come over to your house and take a massive dump on your front lawn!'  My mother and I lost it and had tears rolling down our faces, we were laughing so hard.   ;D
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

• Liked: 18
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 12:27:40 PM »
He yelled, 'I don't care! Let your dog sh*t in your own yard! I don't want my daughter (my sis was about 6 at the time) cartwheeling into a pile of sh*t and p*ss!'  She continued to argue with him, so then he said, 'Okay, okay. Just give me your address. Tomorrow after my coffee, I'm going to come over to your house and take a massive dump on your front lawn!'  My mother and I lost it and had tears rolling down our faces, we were laughing so hard.   ;D

Well, to be fair, I'm sure he was going to pick it up. 

LOL - I think I like your dad.  When I think of all the times I've wished for a snappy comeback....  I bow to the master.   ;D
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 02:53:10 PM »
One of our neighbors (the high school Latin teacher) once knocked at the door and apologized profusely to my mother because his dog had stepped on one of her "croci"   ;)  Don't know what he would have said if the dog had pooped.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

Sponsored Links