Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UPS delivery times?  (Read 4379 times)

• Liked: 1
UPS delivery times?
« on: July 29, 2016, 04:28:04 PM »
I got word yesterday that my visa was processed. (For anyone else who's nervously counting the days, my timeline was: sent out on June 25, received email confirmation from Sheffield on July 4, and got the processing confirmation email on July 28.)

I've been refreshing the UPS tracking like mad but there hasn't been a single update - it still says "Order Processed: Ready for UPS," meaning UPS hasn't even picked up the package yet.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes between the processing confirmation email and receiving your passport back? When will UPS start updating? (And do they update on the weekends or just weekdays?)

• Liked: 68
Re: UPS delivery times?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »
Perhaps if it was picked up late on the day they will go through the processing today so keep checking.

Mine was approved on a Friday morning and picked up that day. I spent all weekend looking at updates so yes, they do update on weekends!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 07:15:48 PM »
Perhaps if it was picked up late on the day they will go through the processing today so keep checking.

Mine was approved on a Friday morning and picked up that day. I spent all weekend looking at updates so yes, they do update on weekends!

UPS technically updates whenever the package is scanned and they have people working 7 days a week.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 09:18:16 PM »
Did you use priority processing?

I got word yesterday that my visa was processed. (For anyone else who's nervously counting the days, my timeline was: sent out on June 25, received email confirmation from Sheffield on July 4, and got the processing confirmation email on July 28.)

I've been refreshing the UPS tracking like mad but there hasn't been a single update - it still says "Order Processed: Ready for UPS," meaning UPS hasn't even picked up the package yet.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes between the processing confirmation email and receiving your passport back? When will UPS start updating? (And do they update on the weekends or just weekdays?)
Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »
Yes, it was priority.

UPS actually did update a few hours after I posted here. The package was picked up this afternoon and was export-scanned within the last hour or so. It's unclear to me why it wasn't picked up yesterday, when I got the confirmation email. It's now due to arrive on Monday, so the second business day after getting the processing confirmation email.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 10:00:54 PM »
Yes, it was priority.

UPS actually did update a few hours after I posted here. The package was picked up this afternoon and was export-scanned within the last hour or so. It's unclear to me why it wasn't picked up yesterday, when I got the confirmation email. It's now due to arrive on Monday, so the second business day after getting the processing confirmation email.

Sometimes Sheffield scan the UPS label before the documents are actually ready to be picked up, so it could be that although it was scanned yesterday, they hadn't finished processing the visa/printing the visa sticker in your passport yet, so it actually wasn't ready to be picked up until today.

Alternatively, it could have missed the pick-up time yesterday and had to wait until today to go.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 11:01:35 PM »
So yours was just over a month. I'm freaking out a bit because they've had my application just over two weeks and haven't confirmed receipt. I just hope no news is good news and that they aren't just ignoring me or trying to find a way to say no (I'm kidding, mostly, I know they don't ignore applications). 😉

When I called today I was told its 2-3 months and that it *might* be under 2 months if all my paperwork was correct. He actually told me priority service doesn't make any difference. 😮

Yes, it was priority.

Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 12:34:24 AM »
Who did you talk to, exactly?

The helpline on the UKVI website is pretty useless and is known for giving incorrect advice (they're a random call centre nowhere near Sheffield and generally don't know much about the process at all) - so calling them is generally a waste of time and money.

Priority seems to be taking about 4 weeks at the moment and definitely makes a difference (it always has, so no idea what the person you talked was on about)... It's usually about twice as fast compared with not using priority.

However, as long as you know your documents were received in Sheffield, your visa will be processed.

So your best way to gauge how long it's taking is to keep an eye on the timelines of people here on the forum.

I think this makes 3 people this week who have had their priority applications processed in about 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 02:50:00 AM »
So yours was just over a month. I'm freaking out a bit because they've had my application just over two weeks and haven't confirmed receipt. I just hope no news is good news and that they aren't just ignoring me or trying to find a way to say no (I'm kidding, mostly, I know they don't ignore applications). 😉

I agree, the waiting is terrible. I'm still not out of the woods - hopefully I'll get my passport on Monday, but who knows if I actually got the visa or not. And it's already disrupted my travel plans - I'd planned to leave tomorrow, which is when my husband has to leave. Not a huge deal in the scheme of things, of course - it's the not-knowing that has really stressed us out. It seems like it wouldn't be all that hard to give people a little more transparency.

• Liked: 35
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 04:15:41 PM »
In answer to "Order Processed: Ready for UPS," this is actually the labels WE purchase from VFG.  It's not a Sheffield thing.  We are the initiator of the "Order"; we've started the return process so UPS automatically thinks "We" are ready to post/ship something.

When Sheffield actually finishes with an application, UPS will scan the label.  And although we all presume we've paid for 2 day return, don't be surprised if UPS itself changes it to "Express" which is 3 day.  UPS's excuse is (their words actually) "We (UPS) don't offer 2 day shipping from the UK." and if you check out their website, they don't.  So if by a lucky fluke someone does get their parcel back in 2 days----REJOICE!

And good luck with your application.  With priority service mine was signed for 1 July, I received no acknowledgements at all, kept checking UPS, saw movement on 21 July, parcel delivered 25 July.  Touched down in UK---30 July.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 05:47:17 PM »

When Sheffield actually finishes with an application, UPS will scan the label.  And although we all presume we've paid for 2 day return, don't be surprised if UPS itself changes it to "Express" which is 3 day.  UPS's excuse is (their words actually) "We (UPS) don't offer 2 day shipping from the UK." and if you check out their website, they don't.  So if by a lucky fluke someone does get their parcel back in 2 days----REJOICE!

Unless those of you who have used the VFS shipping service complain to them saying that their information is incorrect (2 day return shipping) then they won't ever change it. My guess is whoever wrote the web copy was either given wrong information or didn't look to see that there are different shipping options in the UK than in the US.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 05:53:00 PM »
Unless those of you who have used the VFS shipping service complain to them saying that their information is incorrect (2 day return shipping) then they won't ever change it. My guess is whoever wrote the web copy was either given wrong information or didn't look to see that there are different shipping options in the UK than in the US.

I'm confused though, because if you look at the UK UPS website, Express from the UK to the US IS a 2-day service (same as shipping from the US to the UK), so I'm not sure what the issue is.

They say on the website that for Express:

- If the item is picked up by 4:30pm on Monday, it will be delivered in the US by 10:30 am on Wednesday... that's a 42-hour service (1 day, 18 hours)

- If the item is picked up after 4:30pm on Monday (i.e. on Tuesday), it will be delivered in the US by 10:30 am on Thursday... that's a 66-hour service (2 days, 18 hours)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:56:00 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »
But it's not Ksand.

https://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/shipping/time/service/shipping/index.html

Export and Import (Where Available)

1-2 Business Days
Delivery by 9:00 a.m.
UPS Express Plus

1-3 Business Days
Delivery typically by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon
UPS Express NA1

1-3 Business Days
Delivery typically by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon
UPS Express

1-3 Business Days
Delivery by end of day
UPS Worldwide Express Freight

1-5 Business Days
Delivery by end of day
UPS Express Saver

2-5 Business Days
Delivery by end of day
UPS Expedited

Day Definite by date scheduled
Delivery during the day
UPS Standard

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 06:02:00 PM »
Also, if you don't do VFS Global shipping they tend to return your documents under Express Saver which is a 1-5 day shipping.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 06:11:32 PM »
But it's not Ksand.

Hmm, that's interesting - I couldn't find that page when I looked, so I went through the process of putting the postcodes/zipcodes and package details in and it says for shipping on Monday, it's GUARANTEED to arrive by 10:30 am on Wednesday... that's less than 2 days.

From that page:

UPS Worldwide Express
Latest Pickup Time: 4:30 P.M. Monday August 1, 2016
Schedule by: 3:30 P.M.
Delivered By: 10:30 A.M. Wednesday August 3, 2016  Guaranteed

Even Express Saver says it would be guaranteed delivery by end of day on Wednesday:

UPS Express Saver
Latest Pickup Time: 4:30 P.M. Monday August 1, 2016
Schedule by: 3:30 P.M.
Delivered By: By End of Day Wednesday August 3, 2016 Guaranteed

Sponsored Links