Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: July Non Priority Applicants  (Read 15103 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: July Non Priority Applicants
« Reply #360 on: October 25, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »
This board has been an utter lifesaver. I've not been an active participant (far too stressed) but cannot thank everyone enough for kindly sharing their knowledge.

My husband got his decision made email today  ;D

I really really hope everyone waiting hears back soon. If it's any help, I've learned a couple of things that may help speed things along for others? I contacted my MP, the caseworker was reluctant to telephone UKVI, and only passed on an email.  The email response standard for MPs is 20 working days, so I asked the caseworker to call as well, which she finally did and a few hours later UKVI asked us for an extra document.

My husband had a non-refundable ticket via Dublin, which I've heard is a total no-go for visas. However, I called the border force at our local airport, they said they were happy to endorse his vignette as long as my husband stayed air-side and contacted a border force employee at the customs desk.  I actually called border force twice and spoke to two different people and got the same response, it might be worth checking with your local airport border force if you're stuck with non-refundable tickets.  All moot now as his return date was supposed to be ages ago!

Here is our timeline:

Received by Sheffield: July 11th
Processing email (date that service standards start according to UKVI via our MP): August 11th
Telephone call to UKVI by MP: October 19th
Request for an extra document: October 19th
Decision made email and tracking email: October 24th
Working days from processing email to decision made email: 53 days
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:07:39 PM by ukwife »

• Liked: 63
« Reply #361 on: October 25, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »
My stuff was received the same day! July 11th as well only I didn't get confirmation until Sept 20th. Our lawyer and MP both got involved and still nothing:(. Our MP didn't call even though we begged him to, very useless. I dunno when this waiting will end but I'm happy for those who are getting decisions. I just hope those of us that are left also get it.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #362 on: October 25, 2016, 06:17:04 PM »
This board has been an utter lifesaver. I've not been an active participant (far too stressed) but cannot thank everyone enough for kindly sharing their knowledge.

My husband got his decision made email today  ;D

I really really hope everyone waiting hears back soon. If it's any help, I've learned a couple of things that may help speed things along for others? I contacted my MP, the caseworker was reluctant to telephone UKVI, and only passed on an email.  The email response standard for MPs is 20 working days, so I asked the caseworker to call as well, which she finally did and a few hours later UKVI asked us for an extra document.

My husband had a non-refundable ticket via Dublin, which I've heard is a total no-go for visas. However, I called the border force at our local airport, they said they were happy to endorse his vignette as long as my husband stayed air-side and contacted a border force employee at the customs desk.  I actually called border force twice and spoke to two different people and got the same response, it might be worth checking with your local airport border force if you're stuck with non-refundable tickets.  All moot now as his return date was supposed to be ages ago!

Here is our timeline:

Received by Sheffield: July 11th
Processing email (date that service standards start according to UKVI via our MP): August 11th
Telephone call to UKVI by MP: October 19th
Request for an extra document: October 19th
Decision made email and tracking email: October 24th
Working days from processing email to decision made email: 53 days

I'm actually glad to hear the Dublin ticket expired as you likely would have had a VERY different experience in real life.  I am sorry that the cost of the ticket was lost though.   :-\\\\

« Reply #363 on: October 25, 2016, 07:02:27 PM »
My stuff was received the same day! July 11th as well only I didn't get confirmation until Sept 20th. Our lawyer and MP both got involved and still nothing:(. Our MP didn't call even though we begged him to, very useless. I dunno when this waiting will end but I'm happy for those who are getting decisions. I just hope those of us that are left also get it.

It's absolutely shocking that the time between documents arrival and processing starting is so long, I hope you hear back soon!

Very sorry that your MP is so stubborn  ??? - I had to insist four times on the phone to the MP's caseworker, and follow up with an email with a 'thank you for agreeing to telephone UKVI' before anything was done.  I don't understand the reluctance at all.

We were very worried that a request for an extra document meant they were gathering evidence for a refusal, but it turns out that they ask for more documentation when an approval would otherwise be given:

D. (c) The decision-maker will not request documents where he or she does not anticipate that addressing the error or omission referred to in sub-paragraph (b) will lead to a grant because the application will be refused for other reasons.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence [nofollow]

Knowing the above makes waiting a little easier!

« Reply #364 on: October 25, 2016, 07:08:23 PM »
I'm actually glad to hear the Dublin ticket expired as you likely would have had a VERY different experience in real life.  I am sorry that the cost of the ticket was lost though.   :-\\\\

Thank you KFdancer, and a huge thank you for all the information you provide, it's very much appreciated!

I did a little digging, and found a freedom of information request about travelling via Ireland and how it affects collecting a BRP - maybe things have changed?  Those lovely cheap flights via Ireland are very enticing to the wallet!

Travellers arriving at a mainland UK port, having departed from a port in the Republic of Ireland, will not routinely encounter a Border Force managed passport control on arrival in the UK.   

In terms of Common Travel Area (CTA) protocols, non-EEA arrivals using this route will have what is known as deemed leave which means that they have effectively entered the UK legally.

If the traveller arrives in the UK with a 30-day visa, the purpose of which is to facilitate the collection of a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from a designated Post Office, the visa holder will be able to collect the BRP even through their passport does not have a Border Force on-entry stamp endorsement.  Post Office managers are aware of travellers wishing to collect their BRPs who have arrived in the UK direct from the Republic of Ireland and if satisfied with the traveller’s identity, will release the BRP to a 30-day visa holder even through there is no Border Force endorsement in their passport.

Good practice would be, however, for the traveller to retain evidence of travel from the
Republic of Ireland by way of tickets, boarding passes or any entry or transit endorsements in their passport by the Irish Immigration authorities.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/non_eu_citizen_entering_uk_north [nofollow]

« Reply #365 on: October 25, 2016, 07:16:08 PM »
Thank you for that - most definitely new!

However - given the trouble some members have had collecting BRP's at the Post Office, I wouldn't want to leave it up to them to determine if I could collect it or not!

Before the 30 vignette and BRP's were introduced, you *could* travel through Dublin - though again not recommended.  Some people were unable to apply for their next visa or citizenship as early as they should have been able to because they couldn't prove they were actually in the UK on xxxx date.

The good news is that once that intial entry is made, you can travel through Ireland for each and every other trip.   :D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #366 on: October 25, 2016, 07:25:17 PM »
Great research UK wife.  ;D

However - given the trouble some members have had collecting BRP's at the Post Office, I wouldn't want to leave it up to them to determine if I could collect it or not!

I agree with this completely. Why take the chance that the person at your nominated post office did not get the memo! 

« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2016, 07:27:40 PM »
Thank you for that - most definitely new!

Before the 30 vignette and BRP's were introduced, you *could* travel through Dublin - though again not recommended.  Some people were unable to apply for their next visa or citizenship as early as they should have been able to because they couldn't prove they were actually in the UK on xxxx date.

The good news is that once that intial entry is made, you can travel through Ireland for each and every other trip.   :D

Every stage of this process is fraught with complications! Gosh, thanks again for your help.

In some ways I'd quite like it if my husband came through Ireland and the Post Office were troublesome, just so I could have the pleasure of explaining and getting them to call UKVI, and maybe making things easier for the next person. But just getting our MP to help has worn me out! Luckily, Icelandair are also very reasonable.  :)

« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2016, 07:37:08 PM »
Great research UK wife.  ;D

I agree with this completely. Why take the chance that the person at your nominated post office did not get the memo!

Thank you larrabee  ;D

It seems ridiculous that visas are reliant on so many fragile processes. I feel like we have to have several cross-continent flocks of ducks in flying row formation ???

« Reply #369 on: October 27, 2016, 05:50:04 PM »
Any of the July folks left hear anything today?

• Liked: 21
« Reply #370 on: October 27, 2016, 06:02:31 PM »
Any of the July folks left hear anything today?

Nothing today. I have contacted my lawyer so she can see what's going on so just waiting 😫

« Reply #371 on: October 27, 2016, 07:13:52 PM »
Nothing today. I have contacted my lawyer so she can see what's going on so just waiting 😫
[/quote

nothing for me today either....you and I are just three days apart. I'm July 11th and you're the 13th. I think we're the only two left from July...is that right? ?

« Reply #372 on: October 27, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
Airadele is till left, but she may be June?

« Reply #373 on: October 27, 2016, 07:39:49 PM »
Airadele is till left, but she may be June?

Airedale is July 4th and she got a decision pretty much from emailing. Kfdancer, do you think it's unusual that we still remain? I'm worried, i wish I could just know now, there's only so much one can take

• Liked: 46
« Reply #374 on: October 27, 2016, 07:43:14 PM »
I consider myself July because that's when they got my documents.  I haven't received any decision made email but I also haven't heard from my lawyer in two days so who knows.  I know my ups tracking number has no movement.  That's about it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab