Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: August priority and non priority  (Read 6468 times)

• Liked: 8
August priority and non priority
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:23:56 PM »
I thought Id start a thread so the August applicants could keep up with when each other applied, etc. 

I mailed my spousal visa application to Sheffield on August 10 - priority.  We still havent received an email but my attorneys firm says they tracked it and it was received on August 11. 

Any other August applicants want to share their info?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:34:07 PM by LKK »
Married: June 25, 2016
Application received in Sheffield: August 11, 2016

• Liked: 3
Re: August priority and non priority
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 10:23:10 PM »
I submitted family settlement visa (non-priority) on August 10 and UPS delivered it on August 12th. So far I haven't received any emails. Really wish I read these forums first and submitted it priority.

-Jacob

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 11:04:13 PM »
We sent ours off on August 22nd and it arrived in Sheffield on August 24th... Priority... Nothing  yet, but will keep everyone posted.
Met Husband: November 1st, 2014 (UK)
Married: July 29th, 2016 (USA)
Biometrics: August 19th, 2016
Visa Arrived In Sheffield: August 24th, 2016
Confirmation of Documents Received E-Mail: September 16th, 2016

Not so patiently waiting approval :)
(PRIORITY APPLICATION)

• Liked: 63
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »
I'm a July non priority applicant but just wanted to share my info to give you August applicants an idea about timeline..basically my stuff was received in Sheffield on July 11th according to UPS tracking and since then I have had absolutely no news, no emails, nothing.....just hoping for some type of response soon bc they have five more weeks to give me back my passport at this point.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 11:41:13 PM »
As already mentioned, mev33, they don't HAVE to give you your passport back in 5 weeks, that's just their estimated processing time.

You don't just magically get it back after 12 weeks. If it takes up to 24 weeks to process the application, then they will keep your passport for all of that time.

It should hopefully be processed before 12 weeks are up, but it might take longer if they are very busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 11:49:04 PM »
Hi All!

Thank you for starting this thread. I just stumbled upon this site today, and am so thankful for the camaraderie.

I mailed my spouse visa application on 7/29, and according to UPS tracking, it was received on 8/1.  No notice yet.

The UK Visa website says right now, 100% of settlement applications are being processed in 60 days from the US. I know that is an estimate (based on July 2016) applications. I see people saying 12 weeks on here.  I certainly hope it is no more than 60 days.

• Liked: 3595
August priority and non priority
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:48 AM »
Ksand, its not about magically wanting my passport back, it's about being human and wanting it back within a reasonable time frame given everything I've done and gone through to obtain it.

I know you don't like being in limbo, but getting a visa can be a long process and you have to allow for that.

It clearly states on the website that it can take up to 6 months (24 weeks) for processing, but that they aim to get 95% processed within 3 months (12 weeks).

You've only been waiting 7 weeks, so right now, it's not about being human and wanting it in a reasonable amount of time, it's simply that this is how long it can take at this time of year due to the sheer number of applications they have to get through.

Each time you apply for a UK visa, you could potentially be without your passport for up to 6 months... So you will need to go through the same thing in 2.5 years and again in 5 years as well - and in-country applications often take longer than applications made outside the UK.

If you were applying for a US spousal visa instead, you would need to allow around 10 months for the visa application process, because that's how long it takes there (min 6 months, average 8-10 months, potentially up to 2 years in very complicated cases).

Are you affiliated with the home office out of curiosity? You seem to have answers and feedback for just about everyone.

No I'm not, but I have been a member of this forum for almost 10 years. I know the UKVI website and the visa rules pretty much off by heart and I have been giving advice on fiancé and spousal visas since 2007. I have seen hundreds, if not thousands, of people here on the forum successfully apply for their visas (I have helped most of those people get their visas) and I've witnessed all the visa timelines over the years.

Your situation is not unusual, you're not being treated unfairly by UKVI, and your human rights are not being infringed upon. You have simply applied for a visa that usually takes 2-4 weeks to be processed when it's quiet, but can potentially take 3-6 months to be processed when it's busy.. And it just so happens that you applied right at the busiest time of the year.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:27:46 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 63
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 01:26:26 AM »
As already mentioned, mev33, they don't HAVE to give you your passport back in 5 weeks, that's just their estimated processing time.

You don't just magically get it back after 12 weeks. If it takes up to 24 weeks to process the application, then they will keep your passport for all of that time.

It should hopefully be processed before 12 weeks are up, but it might take longer if they are very busy.

Ksand, thank you for your feedback. I was addressing the group at large and didn't expect this type of response but I won't be harsh back. Good luck to everyone. Hoping we all get some news soon.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 06:16:11 AM »
I applied on the 18th, got my confirmation email on the 29th.
Is USPS not allowed for returning documents? And if not, how do I fix that?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
Ksand, thank you for your feedback. I was addressing the group at large and didn't expect this type of response but I won't be harsh back. Good luck to everyone. Hoping we all get some news soon.

Mev33, I know that you are beyond frustrated at the moment but Ksand was not being harsh.
She was simply sharing her vast wealth of knowledge and experience with you and trying to help manage your expectations.
We have all been through what you are going through and we understand. Hang in there.  :)

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 08:58:01 AM »
I applied on the 18th, got my confirmation email on the 29th.
Is USPS not allowed for returning documents? And if not, how do I fix that?

Clemsonyee, this thread is for people who have applied to Sheffield for Settlement visas, I see from your other thread that you have applied to New York for for a tier 4 visa. Probably best to keep your questions there, just to avoid any confusion.  :)

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 04:06:39 PM »
I know everyone here is so anxious and tired of waiting... I have to come here bc my friends still dont seem to understand.  They all think we did something wrong and Im like nope we just have to wait just like everyone else.  Ive come back to work a few days a week since they still hadnt filled my position and every morning I wake up 40-45 mins before my alarm goes off and check my email hoping and praying there will be news from UKVI or my attorney and every morning nothing.  I know they are busy and trying to catch up so I just have to be patient. 

This post really has no point except so I apologize! My husband is hopefully flying over to see me Friday so I know he will help distract me!

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 04:58:14 PM »
I know everyone here is so anxious and tired of waiting... I have to come here bc my friends still dont seem to understand.  They all think we did something wrong and Im like nope we just have to wait just like everyone else.  Ive come back to work a few days a week since they still hadnt filled my position and every morning I wake up 40-45 mins before my alarm goes off and check my email hoping and praying there will be news from UKVI or my attorney and every morning nothing.  I know they are busy and trying to catch up so I just have to be patient. 

This post really has no point except so I apologize! My husband is hopefully flying over to see me Friday so I know he will help distract me!

You should let your friends know that it takes about 8 months to get the UK spouse to the US!  :)

Have hubby take you to all your favorite eating places when he's there, you'll be over here, missing them soon enough!  :D

Hang in there!

• Liked: 59
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 02:45:17 AM »
Hi LKK, I've also stopped speaking to friends about it because I keep getting the same questions, "when are you coming over?" in the case of the UK and for the US, "what are you still doing here?".  It becomes either a repetitive or a redundant conversation pretty quickly.  Have also done the phone thing on early mornings  ;)

I have no words of comfort to offer, only to wish you a wonderful time with hubby! I miss mine very much too. Enjoy all the great sunshine while you can as well - it is seriously grey a lot in the UK but when the sun comes out, there is nothing more beautiful, and having that drink in the outdoors is all that much better!

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 02:56:14 PM »
Thanks Larabee and Phu.  Yeah Im super excited he is going to be here and maybe just maybe my visa will come in the meantime and I can fly back with him.   ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab