Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My introduction!!  (Read 745 times)

• Liked: 2
My introduction!!
« on: August 31, 2016, 12:09:22 AM »
Greetings!

I am a proud Baltimorean moving to the UK to live with her British-Jamaican hubby!  We met online 3 years ago and never flirted, but were just friends. Then last year, he asked to call me, and we talked, and that was all she wrote! We were each other's perfect match and we had been online friends all those years.  We met face-to-face in Jamaica in May 2015, and were married in Jamaica in May 2016! I'm currently in Baltimore, awaiting the spouse visa.  I went to London for several months last year, and the biggest adjustment was the WEATHER!  So gray and rainy...  :(  I love learning about new cultures and meeting people, so I spent time learning about the community and creating a network outside of my hubby's circle. 

Anyhoo...thanks for having this forum, for the encouraging words and for the facts about the visa process.  Hope to learn more and share more about my expat experience.

See ya around!

~ Amanda

• Liked: 6110
Re: My introduction!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:01:26 AM »
Greetings!

I am a proud Baltimorean moving to the UK to live with her British-Jamaican hubby!  We met online 3 years ago and never flirted, but were just friends. Then last year, he asked to call me, and we talked, and that was all she wrote! We were each other's perfect match and we had been online friends all those years.  We met face-to-face in Jamaica in May 2015, and were married in Jamaica in May 2016! I'm currently in Baltimore, awaiting the spouse visa.  I went to London for several months last year, and the biggest adjustment was the WEATHER!  So gray and rainy...  :(  I love learning about new cultures and meeting people, so I spent time learning about the community and creating a network outside of my hubby's circle. 

Anyhoo...thanks for having this forum, for the encouraging words and for the facts about the visa process.  Hope to learn more and share more about my expat experience.

See ya around!

~ Amanda

Hi Amanda, welcome to the forum  :)

What a lovely introduction, thank you for sharing!

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 10:40:12 AM »
Best of luck to you hope u settle in well ! This forum helped me to adjust to living in the Uk
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »
If you bring a pound container of Maryland blue crab claw over....I'll meet you at the airport! The local stuff isn't quite the same.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 07:39:34 AM »
If you bring a pound container of Maryland blue crab claw over....I'll meet you at the airport! The local stuff isn't quite the same.

I didn't even try the local stuff. While I wait, I have been collecting names of the restaurants that ship crab cakes (frozen) to the UK. :)

• Liked: 134
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 10:53:37 PM »
And bring some Old Bay to go with it!

Welcome to the forum! 
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022