Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Family Permit supporting document question  (Read 912 times)

• Liked: 3595
Family Permit supporting document question
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 09:49:20 AM »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:52:50 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 0
Re: Family Permit supporting document question
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 09:57:22 AM »
It will look like this:
http://www.schengenvize.net/wp-content/uploads/AEA-Aile-%C4%B0zni-Vizesi-EEA-Family-Permit-.jpg

Edit:

and the residence card will look like this:
http://www.uk.diplo.de/contentblob/4770896/Teaser/6401127/ResidenceCardEUFamilyMember1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what freaking me out to be honest, because the TLS website still hasnt updated my status. it says decision hasn't been made. But how on earth am I getting my passport back?
I read in another board that there is is a newly introduced system where the documents are scanned on receipt and returned to the applicant. Other members have reported the same... do you know about that?

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 10:01:36 AM »
How are you able to check the status of the application online (what's the TLS website)? As far as I know, there is no facility to do that. The only way to find out the status is when UKVI email you to tell you the decision has been made, or when the visa is delivered to you.

No need to freak out yet though - just be patient and wait for more information :). When the DHL guy comes, you can find out exactly what's going on with it.

Someone else posted yesterday that their EEA Family Permit was issued in 1 day this week, so looks like that's just the timeline at the moment. See: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=88473.msg1150004#msg1150004

I haven't heard anything about a new service so far.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:03:41 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 10:07:40 AM »

How are you able to check the status of the application online (what's the TLS website)? As far as I know, there is no facility to do that. The only way to find out the status is when UKVI email you to tell you the decision has been made, or when the visa is delivered to you.

TLS website allows me to track my application online. I was tracking using that tool)
Well, you are right, what can I say)) The only thing I can do now is wait:)
Thanks for replying. I appreciate that) Will keep you posted. I think I will have the documents on Monday)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 10:14:52 AM »
Are you applying from the US?  That's not an application tool available to US applications....

If not applying from the US, the process could be very different.

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »
Okay, I'm confused - what country are you applying from?

Because I have never heard of the TLS website until now - I just found it online and I don't see any option to track applications made in the US. As far as I am aware there is no possible way to track an application made from the US.

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 10:19:10 AM »
Are you applying from the US?  That's not an application tool available to US applications....

If not applying from the US, the process could be very different.

Nope, applying from Armenia) I know the process is different, I was just reading about it:)

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »
Why didn't you say so earlier? We have been advising you based on your application being processed in the US.

We don't know anything about applications processed in Armenia and so cannot help you.

Please ignore the advice we have given you as it won't apply to your situation.

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »
Okay, I'm confused - what country are you applying from?
:D I'm not applying from the US.
To be honest I would prefer not to be able to track my application lol as it gives nothing but anxiety)

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 10:25:51 AM »
Why didn't you say so earlier? We have been advising you based on your application being processed in the US.

We don't know anything about applications processed in Armenia and so cannot help you.

Please ignore the advice we have given you as it won't apply to your situation.
I have mentioned it way back, at the start of the post)

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 10:27:37 AM »
This forum is specifically for people applying in the US, so while you're welcome to post here, we can only help and give advice on the US application process... Since we don't really know anything about the application process or timelines in other countries.

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »
Ah, sorry, I see now that you wrote it in a different topic - I'm afraid that i read it as American, not Armenian :P... Mainly because it's a forum aimed at US citizens/US residents  :P.

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 10:47:45 AM »
hey its my bad:)) I should have guessed from the name lol
Anyway, was good chatting))) Will post the result on Monday:D

• Liked: 342
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »
One thing I don't understand - if the FP is not a visa, there will be nothing printed in my passport right? what will I get then? a letter saying that I got the permit?

Just to add to what ksand has said and explain the difference between the UK visa and and an EU permit.,

Visa is UK immigration rules. A visa has an end date.

Permit is EU treaty rights. The permit is given in the expectation that your sponsor will continue to be a  qualified person at all times, or as the UK puts it, they are "continually and legally in the UK". If the EEA citizen ceases to be a "qualifed person" at any time, then they and all their family members no longer have a "right to reside" in the UK and the permit becomes invalid, regardless of the end date of the permit.

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 08:47:51 AM »
Hi everyone:)
I know I was asking for help in a wrong forum, but I just wanted to let you all know that I got my permit today) Thanks for being so helpful:)
Cheers

Sponsored Links