Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: entering my 12th week  (Read 1092 times)

• Liked: 59
Re: entering my 12th week
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 03:37:22 PM »
Smerc and Mev, my sister tried some floating tank thing in a spa recently.  Said that it really helped her and her husband to decompress. 

I haven't been sleeping very well lately, surprise, surprise.  Was thinking of checking it out to see if it might help me to de-stress.  They said that they slept like babies afterwards that night. 

Think you float in water in the dark.  Sounds weird right, and a bit scary, but I believe the idea is to shut off all your senses so that you can't be over stimulated with all the chaos around you.  Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there.  I'm willing to try anything at this stage!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 04:12:20 PM »
Smerc and Mev, my sister tried some floating tank thing in a spa recently.  Said that it really helped her and her husband to decompress. 

I haven't been sleeping very well lately, surprise, surprise.  Was thinking of checking it out to see if it might help me to de-stress.  They said that they slept like babies afterwards that night. 

Think you float in water in the dark.  Sounds weird right, and a bit scary, but I believe the idea is to shut off all your senses so that you can't be over stimulated with all the chaos around you.  Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there.  I'm willing to try anything at this stage!

I live right by Nirvana Spa here in the UK and they have this.  Called the celestial float.  It's is WEIRD.  I've only done it once.  I had a hard time relaxing TOO much.  They let 5 or 6 people in at once and there is a very gentle undercurrent to keep you moving clockwise.  But someone would always be out of place and I kept bumping into people... who seriously were like floating dead bodies in a pool.  LOL!  I'm glad I tried it but not sure I'll do it again.  If I had the pool to myself or just me and friends, I'd probably relax a lot more!

• Liked: 15
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 04:18:50 PM »
I live right by Nirvana Spa here in the UK and they have this.  Called the celestial float.  It's is WEIRD.  I've only done it once.  I had a hard time relaxing TOO much.  They let 5 or 6 people in at once and there is a very gentle undercurrent to keep you moving clockwise.  But someone would always be out of place and I kept bumping into people... who seriously were like floating dead bodies in a pool.  LOL!  I'm glad I tried it but not sure I'll do it again.  If I had the pool to myself or just me and friends, I'd probably relax a lot more!

I lol-ed. Chances are good I will not try this. Yoga has been helping though, and my mom and I got pedicures last night where the foot massage part actually did put me to sleep. It's the little things! I'm also going to visit friends in DC and New York which hopefully will get my mind off things a little bit.

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »

Too funny KFDancer!  I don't think I could do this with other strangers.  I wouldn't be able to stop laughing.  Thought she meant it was an individual thing.  Forget that.  Sticking to a massage.

I lol-ed. Chances are good I will not try this. Yoga has been helping though, and my mom and I got pedicures last night where the foot massage part actually did put me to sleep. It's the little things! I'm also going to visit friends in DC and New York which hopefully will get my mind off things a little bit.

Smerc, pedicures are awesome.  Might do one this weekend.  Have a birthday party to go to on Saturday so it will give me an excuse to doll-up. Have a great time in DC and NY when you visit!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
Get ALL the pedicures.  They leave a lot to be desired here....   ::)

I just got a gel manicure and pedicure before I went on holiday.  Simply cuticles, file, polish.  £70 for hands and feet.  No massage, no water, no nothing....

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 06:29:10 PM »
GUYS GUYS GUYS

My husband just got another email from his MP's caseworker who actually did his job this time and called Sheffield and THEY ISSUED MY VISA ON THE 24TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They inexplicably haven't shipped it yet but HOLY COW what a relief!!!!!!!

This means that my application didn't get lost in a wrinkle in the space-time continuum and neither did yours, mev and phu and tgun!

WAHOO!

• Liked: 63
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »
GUYS GUYS GUYS

My husband just got another email from his MP's caseworker who actually did his job this time and called Sheffield and THEY ISSUED MY VISA ON THE 24TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means that my application didn't get lost in a wrinkle in the space-time continuum and neither did yours, mev and phu and tgun!

WAHOO!

Really? They issued yours already? What was your timeline again? They didn't send you an email though? Omg im so happy for u!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 06:36:10 PM »
Nope no email, and UPS tracking is still showing it as "processed" but not shipped, so they must have just like stamped it and tossed it into the "to ship" pile. My timeline was:

June 13 biometrics
June 17 received in Sheffield
August 4 confirmation email
September 24 allegedly issued visa

• Liked: 26
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 07:11:42 PM »
Nope no email, and UPS tracking is still showing it as "processed" but not shipped, so they must have just like stamped it and tossed it into the "to ship" pile. My timeline was:

June 13 biometrics
June 17 received in Sheffield
August 4 confirmation email
September 24 allegedly issued visa

smerc

question please.

Did you send your documents from US or from UK?

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 07:47:49 PM »
smerc

question please.

From the U.S. My biometric appointment was in Boston.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 07:52:10 PM »
smerc

question please.

Where the documents was sent from should be irrelevant - you must be in the US when you apply for a fiance or spousal visa, and Sheffield will only return documents to your US address.

So, it makes no difference whether it was mailed to Sheffield directly from the US or if you mailed it from the US your sponsor in the UK first and then they forwarded it to Sheffield for you.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »
GUYS GUYS GUYS

WAHOO!

Congratulations :D! Hope you receive it back quickly :).

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 09:10:21 PM »
Smerc - awesome!!!!  So happy for you.  Hope they ship it to you asap!! ;D

Just got a response from UKVI.  I know, I know, they're unreliable and I'm a sucker for punishment but I had to try my luck seeing as Ebarb got something reasonable the last time.  They did escalate it last week but unfortunately, the response was dismal - " Your application is in a queue awaiting assessment. Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email from us". Duh! Even I could have told them that.

You and I had very similar timelines Smerc - 10 June receipt in Sheffield and 4 August confo email. Here's hoping someone's made a mistake in my favour and it's in the "to be shipped" pile too. 

Very, very happy for you though!  You can start living again!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 10:34:29 PM »
Smerc - awesome!!!!  So happy for you.  Hope they ship it to you asap!! ;D

Just got a response from UKVI.  I know, I know, they're unreliable and I'm a sucker for punishment but I had to try my luck seeing as Ebarb got something reasonable the last time.  They did escalate it last week but unfortunately, the response was dismal - " Your application is in a queue awaiting assessment. Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email from us". Duh! Even I could have told them that.

You and I had very similar timelines Smerc - 10 June receipt in Sheffield and 4 August confo email. Here's hoping someone's made a mistake in my favour and it's in the "to be shipped" pile too. 

Very, very happy for you though!  You can start living again!!!

Phu, I got the same response when I emailed. We are now getting my hubby's MP involved....

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »
Smerc, did you get the decision email?

I'm wondering how soon after they make a decision do we actually get notified? I mean Smerc, like you said your MP discovered your visa was actually issued on the 24th so just wondering how that works. Does anyone know?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab