Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: entering my 12th week  (Read 1093 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: entering my 12th week
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 09:35:49 PM »
Smerc, did you get the decision email?

I'm wondering how soon after they make a decision do we actually get notified? I mean Smerc, like you said your MP discovered your visa was actually issued on the 24th so just wondering how that works. Does anyone know?

Usually you get an email on the same day that the decision is made and then it is mailed out either that day or the next day.

However, because of the delays, I'm not sure if that's still the case at the moment - it may just generally be taking a bit longer for everything.

• Liked: 15
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 10:03:59 PM »
Yes, I ended up getting a decision email yesterday (Sept 28) but only because I sent an email through the UKVI email form (before getting that email from the MP's office) asking about the status of my visa.  I'm going to send another email to UKVI today asking why they haven't shipped my passport yet, because if they issued it on the 24th it's pretty strange that they haven't put it in the mail.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2016, 08:26:41 AM »
Did you get the standard decision made email or a response to your email?  As that's two very different things.

Maybe they used a different UPS tracking code?  Maybe it'll just show up.

entering my 12th week
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2016, 09:38:19 AM »
Was the decision made email from a Sheffield email address (i.e. Sheffield is part of the address)?

If it was, then it's the official decision email... But if it just came from the enquiry service, it's not from Sheffield themselves and may not contain reliable information.

The enquiry service is just a call centre nowhere near Sheffield, so they are unlikely to have any information about why your visa hasn't been shipped - all they know is what their computer system tells them when they type in your application number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2016, 02:09:45 PM »
Oh interesting. It was from the enquiry service (donotreply@hgs-ukvi.co.uk). But what does that mean then, that it could still be weeks until I receive my passport even though the MP's office said that UKVI has issued the visa? Also I guess it could be a different tracking number but then what was the point in paying all that money for the return courrier?

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2016, 02:17:53 PM »
Oh interesting. It was from the enquiry service (donotreply@hgs-ukvi.co.uk). But what does that mean then, that it could still be weeks until I receive my passport even though the MP's office said that UKVI has issued the visa? Also I guess it could be a different tracking number but then what was the point in paying all that money for the return courrier?

It's impossible for us to predict when you'll get the genuine "decision made" email.  It's entirely possible you won't receive one and the passport will just turn up.  Keep us posted!

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2016, 02:24:04 PM »
Since you got your MP involved it may well have been issued - just saying, don't trust the Enquiry Service to necessarily give you accurate information. Your MP will have spoken directly to Sheffield, so I would probably trust his information over the enquiry service :P. The official email regarding a decision will only come from Sheffield (if you get one) and from not them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 02:31:16 PM »
Thanks guys. Guess I still haven't learned that I should assume every step of this process will be as not-straightforward as they can possible make it!

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 02:42:37 PM »
Thanks guys. Guess I still haven't learned that I should assume every step of this process will be as not-straightforward as they can possible make it!

It's an excellent introduction to the UK in general.  Wait until you try to open a bank account!   :P

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2016, 02:44:40 PM »
Oh I already have a bank account fortunately! From when I was an MA student. Also I lived in Paris during undergrad if you really want to talk about crazy bureaucracy ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab