Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Manchester unfriendly to pets or what!?  (Read 1917 times)

• Liked: 2
Manchester unfriendly to pets or what!?
« on: September 27, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »
Okay SOAP BOX alert:

I do not understand why Paul and I cannot find one, LITERALLY one flat that is dog friendly in Manchester. Do people who rent in this city seriously not have any pets?
We've even been hopeful of a couple, only to find out the profile for that flat was misleading.
I hate to play the "In the US card" but honestly I feel you can move to any major city in the states and be rest assured that somewhere there is a landlord willing to accept that pet deposit for the security that if any thing happens, they are covered!
And if you only knew our girl Carla- she is the most docile flipping domestic creature there is and the idea that our only option will be to leave her with my family here is beyond heartbreaking and quite frankly really pisses me off.

Ok, rant is over. Prayer and advice are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: Manchester unfriendly to pets or what!?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »
They are out there, don't leave your pup behind!

When I moved to the UK, I was by myself with my two cats.  I had a relocation assistant through a company called Sirva who arranged all my viewings of properties.  As I'm sure you've found in the UK, you have to contact individual estate agents versus being able to use a single agent.  She bridged that gap for me and set up viewings ONLY of places that would accept my cats, which was fabulous.  I didn't have a huge choice, but I did have a choice.

I know dogs can be a bit more difficult.  They really get hung up on size too.  Seems easier to rent with a little dog than a big dog.  And I think we all know which ones are usually better trained.   :P

I'm not in Manchester, but I am now a landlord.  I accept pets.  So we do exist.  I will warn that if you have pets, you'll likely have to pay a bit of a premium for the place. 

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »
They are out there, don't leave your pup behind!

When I moved to the UK, I was by myself with my two cats.  I had a relocation assistant through a company called Sirva who arranged all my viewings of properties.  As I'm sure you've found in the UK, you have to contact individual estate agents versus being able to use a single agent.  She bridged that gap for me and set up viewings ONLY of places that would accept my cats, which was fabulous.  I didn't have a huge choice, but I did have a choice.

I know dogs can be a bit more difficult.  They really get hung up on size too.  Seems easier to rent with a little dog than a big dog.  And I think we all know which ones are usually better trained.   :P

I'm not in Manchester, but I am now a landlord.  I accept pets.  So we do exist.  I will warn that if you have pets, you'll likely have to pay a bit of a premium for the place.

That's so encouraging! Thank you so much. I've started just sending out emails to individual estate agents just asking if they have any properties that would allow pets and explaining we would pay more. Is Sirva a company available in other cities as well?

Thanks again!

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »
That's so encouraging! Thank you so much. I've started just sending out emails to individual estate agents just asking if they have any properties that would allow pets and explaining we would pay more. Is Sirva a company available in other cities as well?

Thanks again!

Sirva is worldwide.  They tend to be paid for by corporations relocating employees.  Worth looking into though if you've got the cash. 

http://uk.sirva.com/

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 02:48:14 PM »
Sorry if I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs, but are you using Rightmove and Zopla?  Don't they have a filter for pets?

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 02:51:43 PM »
Just looked, maybe they don't

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »
Just looked, maybe they don't

They don't.  It really is a job trying to find a place that allows pets.  And they go REALLY fast when one does come up.

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 02:59:27 PM »
I found one on Open Rent and the landlord emailed me saying it wasn't pet friendly even when I stated on the profile it was.

But I'm hopeful we'll find something.  I've emailed about 20 estate agents

• Liked: 68
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 09:39:43 AM »
I'm in Manchester. My flat is not pet-friendly but my husband's family (also in various places in Manchester) are renting places with pets. I think they are private rents, but I can have a look for you if it helps!

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 01:14:20 PM »
I'm in Manchester. My flat is not pet-friendly but my husband's family (also in various places in Manchester) are renting places with pets. I think they are private rents, but I can have a look for you if it helps!

Oh that's so nice! Thank you!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab