Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BRP pickup  (Read 775 times)

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
BRP pickup
« on: October 25, 2016, 01:51:03 PM »
Hello All:

Well so far so good and, having picked up my BRP yesterdAY Monday was Helish. I took my passport and the document  to pick up my NHS card, it does not say anywhere on the letter from UKVI that my wife had to bring her passport and a drivers license, But knowing all to well she was asked for her passport and drivers license. We called the UKVI and they said that's irrelevant ..i only needed my passport and letter
So makes sure you take your spouses docs and whatever you have with a photo on it..i could not care to argue came all the way i justed wanted my card so got it and all is good...thank you to all the modes and people who helped me..  my trip to Scotland awaits.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:47:03 PM by eddyj »
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 6110
Re: BRP pickup
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 04:53:21 PM »
Glad you got it all sorted eventually eddy!

I hope you have a fabulous trip.  ;D   Where will you be visiting in Scotland?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:17:11 PM »
Enjoy your honeymoon!

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »
Glad you got it all sorted eventually eddy!

I hope you have a fabulous trip.  ;D   Where will you be visiting in Scotland?

We will go to Glasgow, Aberdeen  and everywhere in between i can cram in for 5 days BTW i have already applied for jobs in Lincoln, to which i won't be hearing from them till early November...BTW leaving from Retford ...wahoo
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:47:54 PM »
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 01:49:15 PM »
BTW i have already applied for 3 IT positions, won't hear back from them in the early part of November in Lincoln
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 8
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 05:19:21 PM »
My husband is from Lincoln. I was just there last week.
Have a great honeymoon!

We will go to Glasgow, Aberdeen  and everywhere in between i can cram in for 5 days BTW i have already applied for jobs in Lincoln, to which i won't be hearing from them till early November...BTW leaving from Retford ...wahoo
Married: June 25, 2016
Application received in Sheffield: August 11, 2016

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 05:26:35 PM »
My husband is from Lincoln. I was just there last week.
Have a great honeymoon!

I live in Lincoln (I'm not from the area though) :).

• Liked: 59
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 03:38:48 AM »
Great to hear Eddy that it all worked out!  Hope you have a much deserved and relaxing honeymoon!!

I'm in the same position now with picking my BRP.  So does my husband need to come with me and bring his passport?  He doesn't have a UK license yet - will his US ID card or Australian   Drivers License do?  I thought I only had to take the letter and passport to collect so not sure what else we need now if they gave you a hard time.

Was your BRP also already there?  Another member got to her Post Office and her BRP still hadn't arrived, even though it was past the date stated on her letter.

We are re-entering the UK together now in a week+ time, looking to arrive at about 11.30am, dump our bags and go straight to the post office to collect my BRP and then be on another flight that same night for a 2wk holiday.  My BRP card should have arrived by then surely right?  It says that it's already available for collection (25 Oct).  We plan to collect on 7 Nov, so that's about 3 wks from the visa issue date already.

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 07:40:13 AM »
Great to hear Eddy that it all worked out!  Hope you have a much deserved and relaxing honeymoon!!

I'm in the same position now with picking my BRP.  So does my husband need to come with me and bring his passport?  He doesn't have a UK license yet - will his US ID card or Australian   Drivers License do?  I thought I only had to take the letter and passport to collect so not sure what else we need now if they gave you a hard time.

That's what i thought but wife found out about my card being there they asked for photo Id, i thought it was to extreme. after talking to a UKVI  person they should ask for passport and letter from the sponsored person. Also if no passport any photo ID

Was your BRP also already there?  Another member got to her Post Office and her BRP still hadn't arrived, even though it was past the date stated on her letter.

Yes my Letter was there we went on Tuesday got it around 2:00 PM

We are re-entering the UK together now in a week+ time, looking to arrive at about 11.30am, dump our bags and go straight to the post office to collect my BRP and then be on another flight that same night for a 2wk holiday.  My BRP card should have arrived by then surely right?  It says that it's already available for collection (25 Oct).  We plan to collect on 7 Nov, so that's about 3 wks from the visa issue date already.

Remember they can ask for any ID so just be aware from what they told us, But UKVI says something different.. the post office is in a store..if you are coming from the station area where we parked all day for £4.00  had lunch at the shopping mall and got my UK phone number..you will get it not to worry as long as you have the ID

Good Luck

single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »
I live in Lincoln (I'm not from the area though) :).

I love lincoln...the place applied for the IT jobs was at online
Human Resources
Bishop Grosseteste University
Longdales Road
Lincoln
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:49:08 AM by eddyj »
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 26
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »
We're still to get the BRP. The official letter stated it would be available from the chosen post office from Oct 25th. Well it wasn't there, hoping it comes in tomorrow, as the post office said they only get one delivery of BRPs in the afternoon Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
LTE received: 21 October 2016
Arrived in U.K.: 25 October 2016
FLR(m) extension: 1 June 2019
ILR 2022

• Liked: 59
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 07:50:21 PM »
We're still to get the BRP. The official letter stated it would be available from the chosen post office from Oct 25th. Well it wasn't there, hoping it comes in tomorrow, as the post office said they only get one delivery of BRPs in the afternoon Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Oh wow.  Good to know Karl.  Thanks for the heads up.  Do you know if it's possible to call ahead to check or do you have to go in person each time to see if it's arrived?  I would hope that by 7 Nov when we land, my BRP would have arrived but I never know with this process anymore!

• Liked: 26
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 10:44:58 PM »
They told us just to phone ahead of time to save us going in. So if it's a bit of a walk/drive then yeah phone ahead.
LTE received: 21 October 2016
Arrived in U.K.: 25 October 2016
FLR(m) extension: 1 June 2019
ILR 2022

Sponsored Links