Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: November Timeline  (Read 17991 times)

• Liked: 6
November Timeline
« on: November 02, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »
Hello everyone! Thought we could benefit from posting our November timelines here!

I've applied for Priority so this is what I have so far...

Online app submitted Oct 21
Biometrics appointment Oct 27
Mailed documents Oct 31
Arrived in Sheffield Nov 2

And now we wait!!

Best of luck to everyone. Hope this month goes by quickly!

• Liked: 6110
Re: November Timeline
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 03:23:41 PM »
Good luck Grace!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 03:27:53 PM »
Good luck Grace!

Thank you! I thought I'd be more relaxed after submitting everything, but now I'm mentally going over every single document I've submitted and kept waking up every hour last night to track it oh well, not too long to go now I hope! x

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 03:31:55 PM »
Haha, I hear you!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 04:06:18 PM »
I feel for you! I'm in the same boat.

Online App Submitted: Oct 24
Biometrics: Oct 27
Documents Arrived: Nov 1
Confirmation E-Mail: Nov 1

Now, just waiting!

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »
I feel for you! I'm in the same boat.

Now, just waiting!
Ugh! I still haven't received a confirmation email :( good luck to you!! Hope we both get approved soon!!

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 04:58:10 PM »
Ugh! I still haven't received a confirmation email :( good luck to you!! Hope we both get approved soon!!

Thanks! Good luck to you also :) I'm sure the e-mail will come soon!

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 11:59:47 AM »
Everyone: I ALREADY got my decision made e-mail, and it's been 2 days since the documents arrived!

I'm really afraid that this means it's a no - how could they possibly make a decision that fast?! Or is this a good sign??

I have a tracking number, so I guess I will know in a couple of days.

I was prepared to wait 3-6 weeks because of how the timing has been lately. I'm in shock right now.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 12:01:36 PM »
Spouse Visa (Priority Service)

Decision E-Mail: Nov 3
Visa Received: Pending

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »
Spouse Visa (Priority Service)

Decision E-Mail: Nov 3
Visa Received: Pending

Oh gosh! I don't know! I just got their confirmation email so it sounds like they're moving pretty quickly. I've heard it said on here before that a denial usually takes more time to process than an approval so you never know! I'm sending you so many good vibes right now!! Please keep us updated!! I hope I get an answer as soon as you haha I'm jealous!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 01:35:35 PM »
Generally speaking, the faster the decision, the more likely it's an approval.

A refusal takes time to go through - they have to check every document twice, possibly make enquiries, maybe request further information from you... which can take a few extra days.

However, if the application is straightforward, you meet all the requirements and you've included every document, then the decision is easy - they just have to go down their checklist, tick off all the documents and issue the visa... only takes an hour or two.

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 01:36:13 PM »
Oh gosh! I don't know! I just got their confirmation email so it sounds like they're moving pretty quickly. I've heard it said on here before that a denial usually takes more time to process than an approval so you never know! I'm sending you so many good vibes right now!! Please keep us updated!! I hope I get an answer as soon as you haha I'm jealous!

I'm sure you will hear something soon, also! My husband and I were planning on doing countdowns in ten day increments - well, that got cut short! I think we applied at a really good time. Sending good vibes your way also!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
Everyone: I ALREADY got my decision made e-mail, and it's been 2 days since the documents arrived!

It's very likely a good sign.  :)  It's not unheard of to get a decision so quickly; I had a decision in less than 48 hours after my application had been received.  Most of the waiting is the application spending time in a queue; for a straightforward application, a decision can be made within 45 minutes once the ECO begins processing. 

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 01:38:05 PM »
Generally speaking, the faster the decision, the more likely it's an approval.

A refusal takes time to go through - they have to check every document twice, possibly make enquiries, maybe request further information from you... which can take a few extra days.

However, if the application is straightforward, you meet all the requirements and you've included every document, then the decision is easy - they just have to go down their checklist, tick off all the documents and issue the visa... only takes an hour or two.

Makes sense - thanks for your input. In my head they must have opened the package and seen something missing immediately, but that's just my anxiety over the process talking!

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 01:56:25 PM »
I think we applied at a really good time. Sending good vibes your way also!

Yes, now, after the summer rush (which usually ends about 6 weeks earlier than it did this year) but before the Christmas one or just after the New Year are the best times to apply when it comes to wait times.
I agree with the others, a super quick result is more likely to mean the application has been successful.

Sponsored Links