Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Christmas songs  (Read 4512 times)

• Liked: 21
Re: UK Christmas songs
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 07:12:52 PM »

Lorain area?  That's where my dad grew up.  I am from the Canton area myself.

Close! It's the Huron area. Coincidentally, both my parents are from Lorain! I spent a ton of time there when I was younger too, since that's where my grandma lived and I was always over her house. I also have family near Wooster!
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

• Liked: 111
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2016, 07:24:33 PM »
As a northern Ohioan I had never even heard of Cincinnati chili until I saw it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, or some program like that. Not really a chili fan so I'll pass!

:) Feliz Navidad is another one I play at Christmastime. My husband hates how catchy it is!

I'm Texan so I'll take chili in any form (it's a food group) and that Cincinnati Chili sounds amazing!

My father owned, performed and sang in a mariachi group from 1960-2011. "Feliz Navidad" was always sung about as many times as that damn Slade song at Christmas. My Dad's been deceased for over five years and I'm ready to hear it now. Or so I thought...the song came out in 1970 and my husband just told me Boney M did a version around 1980. I hope to never hear that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 585
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 08:18:39 PM »
You've gone out and listened to it! I knew someone would break down and do it! Bwah ha ha!

;D It wasn't a huge effort... got it in my iPod xmas playlist, right here at my fingertips!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab