Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help me fill my overseas container!  (Read 2360 times)

• Liked: 4
Help me fill my overseas container!
« on: November 12, 2016, 07:33:05 PM »
Hello all,

I am having to move much sooner than expected and would like recommendations on what I should bring over to help with adjusting food wise....I plan to do some bulk shopping at BJ's and already know I'm bringing tons of my Goya spices, condiments, pancake and possibly cake mixes, canned goods, peanut butter, grape jelly, pickles...But can you let me know what products we take for granted in the US that are hard or impossible to find over there so I can add them to my shipping container?

In addition I'm willing to bring items over for others overseas in exchange for help on costs of the shipping container...The container will land in liverpool and travel to birmingham so people close to those areas. The container will leave the states in the beginning of December.

• Liked: 2
Re: Help me fill my overseas container!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 11:54:29 AM »
I really don't have huge issues finding american food items.  My local tesco has an american isle that fills most of the voids and i would imagine most do as well.  Everything you listed i could buy right now without issue, especially goya stuff.

What i would concentrate on is hygiene items like deodorant and tooth paste.  I find the Uk equivalents not up to the same standards as the ones i am used too but to be fair I can only use certain products for certain things even back home. 
I would also look into your hobbies and what you may need to do them.  Like i bought new mountain bikes for here in the US because they ended up being much cheaper and they are rare over here.  I couldnt count the times i have been offered more money than i paid for them to sell them here, it happens almost every time i go out.

I found things like laptops and tablets are much cheaper in the US so consider that.  I replaced everyone of my devices just before the move and i'm so grateful i did.  I saved thousands of dollars and for the most part had a better selection.  Even my game consoles were a better deal in the US.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab