Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where to find pecan pie?  (Read 582 times)

• Liked: 0
Where to find pecan pie?
« on: November 23, 2016, 04:55:43 PM »
So I've had some taste of southern USA food on my visits there, especially comfort/soul food, but I've never managed to try out pecan pie. Is there somewhere in London (or nearby) that you guys might recommend to try out an authentic taste of pecan pie?

Cheers, and happy thanksgiving to y'all :)

• Liked: 68
Re: Where to find pecan pie?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 07:50:53 PM »
Ive lived here 7 years and can't recall coming across pecan pie anywhere to be honest, but Tesco has a UK friendly version recipe here http://m.tesco.com/mt/legacy.realfood.tesco.com/recipes/pecan-pie.html?un_jtt_redirect=sc

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
I'm strictly a pumpkin pie man myself, but I always thought the pecan slices widely available are pretty close to what an American pecan pie would taste like.  The only difference is the shape.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 05:13:39 PM »
I am planning to bring an amazing pecan pie with me here in a couple weeks. It's all commercially packaged. Hopefully it'll survive the journey. If not, oh well I guess.

• Liked: 111
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 06:33:42 PM »
I was recently looking over photos of myself during the years I lived in England (1995-2004). I was struck at how slim I was. What was the difference? I rediscovered freaking pecan pie amongst other things!

I'm not even a dessert person but pecan pie and bourbon whipped cream is my weakness. My father had several pecan trees in the back yard and we would bake a pie or make candy all the time.

So, maybe it's a good thing it's hard to find in England. But, you could always make it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »
But, you could always make it yourself.

That's what I was going to say - here in Antarctica, we had 'Thanksgiving Dinner' last Thursday evening, and the dessert was pecan pie.

If our British chefs down here can make pecan pie for 80 people with limited ingredients, having not had a food delivery from the ship in 6 months, I'm sure suitable ingredients can be found in a UK supermarket.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 08:46:15 PM »
That's what I was going to say - here in Antarctica, we had 'Thanksgiving Dinner' last Thursday evening, and the dessert was pecan pie.

If our British chefs down here can make pecan pie for 80 people with limited ingredients, having not had a food delivery from the ship in 6 months, I'm sure suitable ingredients can be found in a UK supermarket.

How's it going ksand? Really hoping it's the best adventure ever!  ;D

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 11:51:31 AM »
British Chefs?  Are the mechanics Italian and the policemen German?

Sponsored Links