Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Travelling with Twinkies  (Read 781 times)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
  • Liked: 0
Travelling with Twinkies
« on: November 22, 2004, 10:35:24 PM »
Ok, I've come back to the States (because I had to) to get my spousal visa.  All is well because I've gotten it.  Now, I'm travelling back HOME to my Husband on the 27th (yes, the hectic time right after Thanksgiving, but, I had no choice).  My question?  Well, when my husband was here he discovered Oatmeal Creme Pies and Twinkies.  He has asked me to bring some back with me....if I can.  From other info I have seen on here, as long it is an unopened box of non-fresh food, I am ok...right?  But, my real question is...I am going to put the packages into the luggage I am going to check...now, do I need to declare the Creme Pies and Twinkies, or is it even an issue?
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

• If it were easy, you wouldn't appreciate it
    • Just Frances
Re: Travelling with Twinkies
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 11:21:25 PM »
I have brought (and will continue to bring) all sorts of foods into the UK, including Twinkies and Zingers.  I've never had a problem, and I have never had to claim anything.  I think that as long as you are bringing in commercial foods, in small amounts, for personal use, you will be just fine.  That is, to clarify, not including meat, eggs, "fresh" foods, if you will.  I've never brought in produce...just pre-packaged, preservative laden junk--you know, REAL food ;-)

Enjoy your visit with the family!!

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 11:26:48 PM »
And uh, yeah, from what I understand, Twinkies are hardly considered fresh food!
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 02:10:47 AM »
And uh, yeah, from what I understand, Twinkies are hardly considered fresh food!

LMAO!  True, so true.  They have a shelf life of 80 years!

Thanks, Frances...much appreciated...and, my husband will be VERY happy.  He gets me back AND Twinkies, too!  ;D
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 03:04:42 PM »
Not unless you put it in with a bunch of bottles of whiskey and brandy  :D

Matt
And the world first spoke to me in Sensurround

• Liked: 12
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 06:34:38 PM »
Heehee, what a cute topic. ;D

We're definitely stocking up on junk food and stuff when we go home to my family in the States this Christmas. My guy loves American food of the worst kind. If only we could pack Oscar Myer weiners! Lol.  ;D
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 06:40:22 PM »
mmmmmmmm.  twinkies

i think when i go home i will be getting: sugar free jello, pudding, oatmeal PLAIN, Popcorn-microwave, holiday popcorn balls (making mom get me these at christmas).  Um, i know there is more stuff i want!!!!!!!!  i would kill for some affordable soy chips.

I miss Trader Joes.  Bigtime.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 06:44:37 PM »

I miss Trader Joes.  Bigtime.

Oh god, so do I.
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 06:53:12 PM »
maybe i'll start a thread as a homage....

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 07:17:33 AM »
With great embarrassment I recall one incident at the airport that may help give you a little piece of mind. I have a tendancy to make sure on any trip back to the US that I schedule at least a couple hours in a grocery store to stock up on familiar food items. One year we filled an entire (very) large suitcase with nothing but grub. When we checked in to come back, the case was too heavy...a lot of canned foods...and we had to, in front of Virgin Airline staff and the entire population of Dulles Airport, open our bag, reveal our treasure, confess our gluttony and reshift some articles so the bag was within limits.

Nothing at all seemed out of the ordinary to them.
We were mortified yet they were nonplussed.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 04:03:28 PM »
Yes, I made it through fine with the Twinkies.  ;D  It was a box of 10.  I ended up with 2 of them...my husband as already devoured the other 8! ::)  All 8, in just two days! :o  He is thinking now that it's a good thing that I didn't have room in my luggage for the Oatmeal Creme Pies after all.  LOL.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »
ooh i love those little debbies oatmeal cream pies though!

Sponsored Links