Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Low cost clinic  (Read 1336 times)

• Liked: 0
Low cost clinic
« on: December 02, 2016, 04:46:17 AM »
I am moving to England tomorrow Birmingham are there any lost cost health care clinics I can get my prescriptions at?

• Liked: 170
Re: Low cost clinic
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 07:57:00 AM »
I am moving to England tomorrow Birmingham are there any lost cost health care clinics I can get my prescriptions at?

Go to your GP. It will be free. They will write a prescription.

Get your script filled at any pharmacy. "The current prescription charge is £8.40 per item (£16.80 per pair of elastic hosiery). A three monthly PPC is £29.10 and could save you money if you need more than three prescribed items in three months."
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:07:59 AM »

Hi holandlou.

As you are coming on a fiancee visa, you should definitely take out health insurance to cover any eventuality. Even if you are young and healthy, you never know what is going to happen.

. If you need NHS treatment and you have not arranged insurance, you will be charged at 150% of the standard NHS rate, unless an exemption category applies to either you or the treatment.   

Although certain things are free, it's just not worth taking the risk of not having insurance imho.

Some services or treatments carried out in an NHS hospital are exempt from charges, so that they are free to all. These include:

accident and emergency services – not including emergency treatment if admitted to hospital
    family planning services – this does not include termination of pregnancy or infertility treatment
    treatment for most infectious diseases, including sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
    treatment required for a physical or mental condition caused by torture, female genital mutilation (FGM), domestic violence or sexual violence – this does not apply if you have come to England for the purpose of seeking that treatment

Furthermore, there are certain categories of people who are exempt from charges. View the exemption categories.   

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/uk-visitors/visiting-england/Pages/visitors-from-outside-the-eea.aspx

Also, an unpaid NHS bill of over 500gbp is an automatic refusal for your next visa.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 09:23:13 AM »
DEFINITELY buy travel insurance from the US before you travel.  Even if it is just care in an extreme event (hit by a bus) kind of thing.

If for some reason you do need medical attention - do get it!  Just be sure to get a written bill and proof of payment.  You will be charged 150% of the cost as you are not eligible for NHS.  As Larabee said, if there is an outstanding bill of £500, it is an automatic visa refusal.   :-\\\\

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 10:31:03 AM »
You will be charged 150% of the cost as you are not eligible for NHS. 

Only if you don't have travel/medical insurance.

- If you CAN'T prove you have insurance, you will be charged 150% of the full cost.
- If you CAN prove you have insurance, you will be charged 100% of the full cost.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »
I'm On a fiancé visa leavingtoday for the uk any recommended insurances for me? I'm young and healthy just have 3 prescriptions i need filled in uk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 04:29:29 PM »
Have your prescriptions filled before you leave the US.  Then that's done.

Who is currently your insurer?  Will they offer you extended insurance?

You can use a comparison site such as insuremytrip.com

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 09:22:23 PM »
You can buy travel insurance from WorldNomads after you have begun your trip.
www.worldnomads.com

Sponsored Links