Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Places to live near Slough  (Read 3303 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Places to live near Slough
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 08:57:13 AM »
Sent you a pm !
Hi

If you are looking at a flat/house near the station, then you'll be a few hundred yards from where I live!

*Italian Brooklyn accent* Don't worry, I'll make sure you and your family are safe !

/end joke!

Overall, I'd say you don't have anything to worry about in terms of this area, it's busy, there's lots of movement through the day and evenings - you'll see me walking my dog each night as well ! To give a bit more perspective, I've often thought about safety when I see lone female's walking home from the station after a days work in London most likely when I walk the dog. I initially always think, 'you shouldn't be on your own' then a few seconds later, I see that it's always busy, and I've never seen anything bad unfolding or happening in front of me each evening.

For a complete perspective, then this area is like any other large city or town, there is incidents and going's on but it's not any worse as it were.

Drop me a PM if you'd like, can always drop by for a chat and a cuppa tea or a pint and I can give you some more ideas and pointers!

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 02:14:57 PM »
I work in Langley, which is a part of Slough a couple of miles-ish from Terminal 5. I don't have an idea about the rental situation but it's pretty green and leafy.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 10:58:17 AM »
I strongly suggest Reading. If you aren't going to have a car, the trains there are pretty excellent. You can get most places from Reading station (think beyond just work as you or your spouse may need to get other places beyond just Slough). The town centre has all the major shops you'll need so your spouse can go to the shops quite easily during the day if need be or just to get out to a nice big public place with your child (Forbury Gardens is a nice place to take kids to play during the day). I lived 10 minutes walk from the town centre for the first two years that I lived in this country and I can honestly say that I felt safe 99.999% of the time. I didn't have a car (I didn't drive, just my husband did) and I never felt I necessarily needed to go elsewhere to get anything other than work (which I walked to the train and took a 20 minute train ride - that's it!) and the buses are fairly well and cover decent ground as well. I would strongly consider Reading if you haven't already.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab