Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: One Way vs Round-Trip Fares  (Read 2577 times)

Re: One Way vs Round-Trip Fares
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 05:37:25 PM »
You can get really fab one-way deals from www.skyauction.com.

Yes!!! Sky Auction never worked out for me for roundtrips (cracks me up that people get so carried away with bidding that they end up paying more than they would if they went to cheaptickets or expedia!!) but one-ways can be had for NOTHING!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 02:18:45 PM »
I got my one way ticket through Aer Lingus for $325. It goes from Chicago, to Dublin, then on to Edinburgh. As far as I've seen it's one of the cheapest airlines around for flying to the UK. :) They also told me if I need to change my date it will only cost $35 which isn't bad at all.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 08:38:54 PM »
Thought I'd share a recent experience. I had booked a flight from New York to Manchester and back with British Airways. Scheduled to return on the 27th of December.  I was supposed to be back at my desk at work on the 28th. At the last minute, I learned that there were extensive repairs being done on the trains from York to Manchester (which I needed to get to the airport), and when my fiance called the train company, he was advised that I should not use the train till after the holidays.  When I tried to reschedule a return flight as early as possible after New Year's Day, I was told that I could not get a return flight before February for less than four thousand dollars.  So instead, I booked a brand new economy round-trip flight, as though I were a British resident, from Manchester to New York and back to Manchester.  The earliest flight to New York I could get was for 5 Jan. My return ticket to Manchester was for 12 January. I didn't use it.

So they had economy seats for people who were visiting New York, but no seats for people who were returning to New York.  Go figure.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 08:41:24 PM by sweetpeach »

• Family of 4!
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 05:08:50 PM »
We are flying american air and then aer lingus. Leaving a fairly small town springfield, missouri to chicago to dublin to heathrow. 2 adults one way for $1338.24.  We always book on www.onetravel.com  I always fly on a thursday or wednesday too since these usually have lower rates.

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2005, 07:31:31 AM »
I saw a flight from LA to Heathrow in September i think it was on Aer Lingus for only $238.  And that was searching one way tickets too...

• my name is jonas
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 06:50:17 PM »
I checked the Air Lingus prices for one way and they were fab. 

However, we don't live near a hub airport.  Soooo, I looked and AirDeath...I mean AirTran has a deal with Air Lingus to check your luggage from a "spoke" airport all the way through to your destination.

So, we booked a flight from Memphis to Boston (one way) and Boston to Manchester (one way) for $390 (in May) with luggage checked all the way through.  Woo hoo.   That was, by the way, a whole $200 cheaper than the cheapest flight on Travelocity.com/Expedia/Orbitz, etc.

so, there ya go!  hope flights are that cheap when I move!  (DH going first)
had a bit of a wobble.

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2005, 03:35:50 AM »
i got my one way really cheap on cheaptickets.com

one way, nyc to london on virgin was 200 dollars.

I'm going out of Newark, flying into Heathrow.. My one way ticket was $245.

• Fight'em Aggies. Whoop!
  • Location: Waco, Texas (aka We Aint Coming Out), Aggieland USA
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2005, 08:30:30 PM »
my family and I booked one-way from Waco, TX to DFW (Dallas) to London Gatwick for three of us for a total of 923.00 at Best Travel Deal.com  This is the cheapest that I found and beleive me I shopped around.  We will be arriving in London on Jan 8th 06.

Sheila
SMCJBC

Will arrive in London on January 9th!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab