Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Savings requirement with children?  (Read 3557 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Savings requirement with children?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2017, 02:34:07 PM »
1. Yes. You need to collect 6 full months of paper statements.

2. It depends what dates that bank statement covers and whether it shows the exact date you met the £62,500 requirement.

If it explicitly shows on the statement (or you can get a letter stating) that you had £62,500 in your account on 17th Feb 2017, then you can show statements covering 17th Feb to 17th August 2017 inclusive.

If it doesn't and you only have evidence of the balance on 15th March, you'll need bank statements covering 15th March to 15th September 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2017, 02:47:21 PM »
1. Yes. You need to collect 6 full months of paper statements.

2. It depends what dates that bank statement covers and whether it shows the exact date you met the £62,500 requirement.

If it explicitly shows on the statement (or you can get a letter stating) that you had £62,500 in your account on 17th Feb 2017, then you can show statements covering 17th Feb to 17th August 2017 inclusive.

If it doesn't and you only have evidence of the balance on 15th March, you'll need bank statements covering 15th March to 15th September 2017.

Ok, question 1 is nailed and the others shouldn't be far behind.

The bank statement shows each and every day.....however.....

Do they have a definition of 6 months in days? Do I need to attach a google definition/argument of 182.5 days being equal to 6 months?

Do I really need to include a letter if the statement on 3/15/17 shows that for 2/17/17 and onwards during that period I held the required amount? That's the part that I don't get....if 6 months = ~ 182.5 days.

In other words, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to apply the evening of  ~ 8/17/17.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:57:27 PM by us2uk4me »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »
You are definitely overthinking this.   ;)

As your statement shows the balance on 17th of February, your final statement can be from the 17th of August and you'll be good to apply.  You don't need to provide them a definition of anything.  They aren't that thick.  ;)

Savings requirement with children?
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2017, 03:02:34 PM »
If the statement shows that the £62,500 was hit on 17th Feb, then no, a letter is not needed. However you can highlight the transaction and flag it up in the application.

You need 6 full months of statements starting from the date that £62,500 was met, regardless of how many days that is.

So if 17th Feb marks day 1 of holding £62,500 in the account, then you will meet the 6-month requirement on 17th August.

However the date you apply will depend on what date your bank statement showing that date is issued.

If the bank statement covering 17th August is not issued until say, September 15th, then you will have to wait until September 15th to apply... because otherwise you won't have the full 6 months of proof - in which case they will calculate the 6 months as being from March 15th to September 15th because they count back 6 months from the issue date of the latest statement. As long as the money was there on March 15th or before, you will be fine.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:03:46 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2017, 03:04:06 PM »
You are definitely overthinking this.   ;)

As your statement shows the balance on 17th of February, your final statement can be from the 17th of August and you'll be good to apply.  You don't need to provide them a definition of anything.  They aren't that thick.  ;)

I was waiting for someone to say this.  ::) ;D  Just being cautious. I know that they aren't that thick, but want to make sure that I am not one of the individuals who might fail since there aren't as many being admitted these days.

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2017, 03:05:01 PM »
If the statement shows that the £62,500 was hit on 17th Feb, then no, a letter is not needed. However you can highlight the transaction and flag it up in the application.

You need 6 full months of statements starting from the date that £62,500 was met, regardless of how many days that is.

So if 17th Feb marks day 1 of holding £62,500 in the account, then you will meet the 6-month requirement on 17th August.

However the date you apply will depend on what date your bank statement showing that date is issued.

If the bank statement covering 17th August is not issued until say, September 15th, then you will have to wait until September 15th to apply... because otherwise you won't have the full 6 months of proof - in which case they will calculate the 6 months as being from March 15th to September 15th because they count back 6 months from the issue date of the latest statement. As long as the money was there on March 15th or before, you will be fine.

Digesting...thanks.

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2017, 03:12:42 PM »

Mostly clear, however under what scenario could I make this happen as KFDancer said (applying on 8/17/17)? I got the highlighting the begin date of 2/17/17.....but since (if I understand correctly) I won't get a statement until 3/15/17....6 months of statements are needed from 3/15/17 period?

Is there anything that I could ask my bank for? They certainly won't change their statement period.

What about a signed accounting between 2/17/17 and 8/17/17?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:15:55 PM by us2uk4me »

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »
I was waiting for someone to say this.  ::) ;D  Just being cautious. I know that they aren't that thick, but want to make sure that I am not one of the individuals who might fail since there aren't as many being admitted these days.

When you are getting stressed, just remind yourself that it is a tick box visa.  You tick the boxes, you get the visa.  Savings is the easiest category to apply for (paperwork-wise), as you literally just need to show the savings has been held for a full six months.   :D

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2017, 03:25:52 PM »
When you are getting stressed, just remind yourself that it is a tick box visa.  You tick the boxes, you get the visa.  Savings is the easiest category to apply for (paperwork-wise), as you literally just need to show the savings has been held for a full six months.   :D

No, not stressed at all. Just trying to get the facts straight. This is particularly hard because of the geo-politics involved. The currency was down this morning based on indy-ref 2....but it is jumping forward again in spite of that.

It seems that I have to show that savings have been held for 6 months with precision. I like your method, but it seems that semantics are causing a problem with the need to have 6 months of official statements vs. waiting for that last month....thereby causing me to wait ~6 months and "x" weeks to apply.

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2017, 03:35:14 PM »
No, not stressed at all. Just trying to get the facts straight. This is particularly hard because of the geo-politics involved. The currency was down this morning based on indy-ref 2....but it is jumping forward again in spite of that.

It seems that I have to show that savings have been held for 6 months with precision. I like your method, but it seems that semantics are causing a problem with the need to have 6 months of official statements vs. waiting for that last month....thereby causing me to wait ~6 months and "x" weeks to apply.

I get it.  I really do.  It's just as frustrating being in the UK and the rules changing all the time and having to just go along with them.  We (my husband and I) cannot wait until the day we are free from immigration control!

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »
I get it.  I really do.  It's just as frustrating being in the UK and the rules changing all the time and having to just go along with them.  We (my husband and I) cannot wait until the day we are free from immigration control!

ewwwwwww!  :-X

Tell me about it. You will get there. If you and KSand24 can merge your idealism into one post during the next....oh say 5 months I'd be set! LOL.

If not, I guess that I'll have to wait until 6 months of statements roll in. In reality I had the money from (unbelievably) the first day of the statement, but with no safety net built in e.g. the pound to dollar HAS to be 1.25:1 or less on that day...so who knows! I didn't put in a bit more of a safety net e.g. the pound to dollar needs to be 1.29:1 or less on that day. I can't really do much more. I am surprised as heck I got this far! I hope "the cable" gets more bad news and I am sure that you hope the opposite.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:42:20 PM by us2uk4me »

Savings requirement with children?
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »
Mostly clear, however under what scenario could I make this happen as KFDancer said (applying on 8/17/17)? I got the highlighting the begin date of 2/17/17.....but since (if I understand correctly) I won't get a statement until 3/15/17....6 months of statements are needed from 3/15/17 period?

It's not about the 3/15/17 statement, it's about the 8/17/17 date... showing you reached 6 months on 8/17/17.

Say, for example, the bank statements are dated from 16th of the month to 15th of the next month, the bank statements you will need to provide are:

Month 1: 16th Feb - 15th March
Month 2: 16th March - 15th April
Month 3: 16th April - 15th May
Month 4: 16th May - 15th June
Month 5: 16th July - 15th August
Month 6: 16th August - 15th September

So, unless you can get the bank to issue a special mid-month statement on August 17th, you may need to wait until you receive the September 15th statement in order to show the full 6 months.

If you only submitted up to the 16th July - 15th August statement, you would not meet the visa requirement as you would be 2 days short of the 6 months and the visa would be refused.

So you either persuade the bank to issue you an extra statement covering those last 2 days in August or you wait until the September statement arrives.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:48:56 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
I hope "the cable" gets more bad news and I am sure that you hope the opposite.

Precisely.   ;D  We are thinking more and more of trying life in the US and we need the pound to regain strength - BADLY!  But for your sake, I'll be patient and hope it sky rockets after you get your visa.  :D

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2017, 03:49:48 PM »
It's not about the 3/15/17 statement, it's about the 8/17/17 date... showing you reached 6 months on 8/17/17.

Say, for example, the bank statements are dated from 16th of the month to 15th of the next month, the bank statements you will need to provide are:

Month 1: 16th Feb - 15th March
Month 2: 16th March - 15th April
Month 3: 16th April - 15th May
Month 4: 16th May - 15th June
Month 5: 16th July - 15th August
Month 6: 16th August - 15th September

So, unless you can get the bank to issue a special mid-month statement on August 17th, you may need to wait until you receive the September 15th statement in order to show the full 6 months.

If you only submitted up to the 16th July - 15th August statement, you would not meet the visa requirement as you would be 2 days short of the 6 months and the visa would be refused.

So you either persuade the bank to issue you an extra statement covering those last 2 days in August or you wait until the September statement arrives.

Digesting, thank you so very much!!

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2017, 03:51:03 PM »
Precisely.   ;D  We are thinking more and more of trying life in the US and we need the pound to regain strength - BADLY!  But for your sake, I'll be patient and hope it sky rockets after you get your visa.  :D

It can't just be about me though. How about we split 3 months or something. I'd just do the USA if I were you. I have completely different reasons for making happy trails! :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab