Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 2017 Timeline  (Read 30737 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: 2017 Timeline
« Reply #450 on: March 21, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
Just went through this entire thread (lots of tears) So happy for those who have gone through this process and are done and anxiously waiting to hear that the rest of you are on your way.....I have some questions/need advice:

1. My fiance is coming to US April 25th until May 9th and we are getting married on May 1st. He is bringing all of the sponsor paperwork for application packet with him. Would it be too soon to apply on the 2nd?
2. Do you think it would be pushing it to send it off and expect everything back by first week in July?  without Priority?
*We are going to a festival in England 2nd week in July, so I'm nervous to mail my passport and not have it back in time to travel.
Thanks!

You can't apply before you are actually married and you shouldn't apply until you have your marriage certificate to send. Assuming you do have all the paperwork though, there is nothing to stop you applying on the 2nd. After you submit the online application you will still need to attend your biometric appointment before you can send your package.

Unfortunately I think you'd be pushing it a bit even with priority to get to the UK by the first week in July.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #451 on: March 21, 2017, 08:59:14 AM »
I agree with Larabee.  I think the first week of July could be out, even WITH priority (based on how much processing times have slowed year over year).  There's a *chance* it could happen with priority, but I'd take it as a pleasant unexpected surprise and not count on it.

• Liked: 32
« Reply #452 on: March 21, 2017, 10:12:38 AM »
WONDERS NEVER CEASE!

I got email this morning requesting additional information on my spousal visa app.  Sheffleld cannot find my sponsor's passport, though I'm 110% sure I sent it.  Regardless, they are asking me to send it by 3/28/17.

I'll take comfort in the fact that this seems to be the only document they cannot find, that they are requesting info rather than outright refusing the visa, AND that they are reviewing our application.  (Right?)

To clarify: I should send a copy of his biometrics page ONLY (not the entire passport) as well as the post office certification of it being an official copy, correct?  And I should not worry that they can not find the original I sent...correct?

Please calm my fears and take comfort that they are working through our apps.  (It has been an excruciating waiting period for me, too!)

• Liked: 11
« Reply #453 on: March 21, 2017, 10:28:06 AM »
WONDERS NEVER CEASE!

I got email this morning requesting additional information on my spousal visa app.  Sheffleld cannot find my sponsor's passport, though I'm 110% sure I sent it.  Regardless, they are asking me to send it by 3/28/17.

I'll take comfort in the fact that this seems to be the only document they cannot find, that they are requesting info rather than outright refusing the visa, AND that they are reviewing our application.  (Right?)

To clarify: I should send a copy of his biometrics page ONLY (not the entire passport) as well as the post office certification of it being an official copy, correct?  And I should not worry that they can not find the original I sent...correct?

Please calm my fears and take comfort that they are working through our apps.  (It has been an excruciating waiting period for me, too!)

At least they asked for the info which is good. When did you submit your application/receive confirmation of receipt, and was it priority. At least they are reviewing it and it might give the rest of us reassurance that the waiting is coming to an end.

« Reply #454 on: March 21, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »
At least they asked for the info which is good. When did you submit your application/receive confirmation of receipt, and was it priority. At least they are reviewing it and it might give the rest of us reassurance that the waiting is coming to an end.

Shipped on Feb 24, receipt confirmed Feb 27.  This was the first communication I've received since then.  Ours was a priority spousal visa app.

« Reply #455 on: March 21, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »
WONDERS NEVER CEASE!

How have they asked for you to send it?  Did they request for you to send it by email or by snail mail?

If by email, I would just send a photocopy and not even mess with the certified copy (they used to have it written in the requirements that the passport needed to be a certified copy, but they removed the certified part a couple of years ago.  While we still always advise to have it certified, it doesn't actually need to be).

If they requested you send it by snail mail, I'd have it certified.

Hey, at least we know they are awake and not all napping on their desks, right?   ;D

« Reply #456 on: March 21, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
Thanks for the update. I was beginning to worry that things had gone so quiet that the staff were all on a team building exercise out on the Yorkshire Moors. Instead they must have a heap of applications to work through. We are priority too with our confirmation email of receipt 3 days after yours. Good luck in getting the passport info back to them and receiving a speedy visa approval! :D

« Reply #457 on: March 21, 2017, 10:39:48 AM »
How have they asked for you to send it?  Did they request for you to send it by email or by snail mail?

If by email, I would just send a photocopy and not even mess with the certified copy (they used to have it written in the requirements that the passport needed to be a certified copy, but they removed the certified part a couple of years ago.  While we still always advise to have it certified, it doesn't actually need to be).

If they requested you send it by snail mail, I'd have it certified.

Hey, at least we know they are awake and not all napping on their desks, right?   ;D

They requested I send it by email.

What I'm not clear on is whether we just need the biometrics page of his passport, or we should have the whole darn thing copied.  I just had a cursory glance through Appendix FM-SE to find the original guidance and of course can't. 

« Reply #458 on: March 21, 2017, 10:46:44 AM »
For an initial spousal visa, you only need the biometrics page.

For an in-country application you need each and every page.  They like to keep things consistent.   ;)

The best source is Page 3 of the paper application (bold, underline is mine):
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

Evidence of your sponsor’s immigration status/ permission to be in the UK
This could be copies of:
bio-data pages from their passport or Travel Document
 valid UK visa or UK stamp from their passports
 Home Office letter confirming their permission to stay in the UK

• Liked: 6
« Reply #459 on: March 21, 2017, 11:22:05 AM »
Shipped on Feb 24, receipt confirmed Feb 27.  This was the first communication I've received since then.  Ours was a priority spousal visa app.

Ohh I have same time line as yours. Hopping I will hear soon from them as well...

« Reply #460 on: March 21, 2017, 11:25:55 AM »
Ohh I have same time line as yours. Hopping I will hear soon from them as well...

Hi, was yours priority too? The waiting is driving us all a little bit crazy I think. I keep checking the UPS tracking just in case ::)

« Reply #461 on: March 21, 2017, 11:33:36 AM »
Hi, was yours priority too? The waiting is driving us all a little bit crazy I think. I keep checking the UPS tracking just in case ::)

Yes its priority. I am also feeling same. I keep checking UPS tracking and email every few minutes.

• Liked: 325
« Reply #462 on: March 21, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »
So that's a bit of encouraging news.  Maybe we'll start to see them trickling in now!

« Reply #463 on: March 21, 2017, 12:40:03 PM »
I just got decision email. please be APPROVED.. I am so nervous

« Reply #464 on: March 21, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »
I just got decision email. please be APPROVED.. I am so nervous

Woo hoo!  You may be LIVING in the UK by the weekend.   ;D   Depending how quick you hop on a plane of course. 

Sponsored Links