Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 2017 Timeline  (Read 30570 times)

• Liked: 6
Re: 2017 Timeline
« Reply #465 on: March 21, 2017, 12:50:26 PM »
Woo hoo!  You may be LIVING in the UK by the weekend.   ;D   Depending how quick you hop on a plane of course.

Ohh I hope KFdancer weekend of April 1st since ticket is already booked. It just needs to be approved.

• Liked: 19
« Reply #466 on: March 21, 2017, 01:29:46 PM »
I just got decision email. please be APPROVED.. I am so nervous
Doesn't the decision e mail tell you what the decision is? That's a bit cruel, when do you find out then, when passport arrives back?

• Liked: 3589
2017 Timeline
« Reply #467 on: March 21, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »
Nope, Sheffield don't include the decision outcome in the email... you have to wait until you get your passport back.

The NYC consulate however, does include the decision... it's just settlement visas from Sheffield that don't get it :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #468 on: March 21, 2017, 01:44:26 PM »
Doesn't the decision e mail tell you what the decision is? That's a bit cruel, when do you find out then, when passport arrives back?

It is a bit cruel.  But I imagine it saves them a lot of hassle with people trying to reply to the email!

« Reply #469 on: March 21, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »
Ohh I hope KFdancer weekend of April 1st since ticket is already booked. It just needs to be approved.

Ooo, you got lucky there with a flight booked before the decision!

April 1st is my daughter's birthday.  Good day.  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #470 on: March 21, 2017, 01:53:54 PM »
You can't apply before you are actually married and you shouldn't apply until you have your marriage certificate to send. Assuming you do have all the paperwork though, there is nothing to stop you applying on the 2nd. After you submit the online application you will still need to attend your biometric appointment before you can send your package.

Unfortunately I think you'd be pushing it a bit even with priority to get to the UK by the first week in July.

Thanks @larabee and @KFdancer
I do know that I can't apply for my visa until we have done all of the things (married/biometrics)  I was hopeful with all of the quick turnarounds, but I see as we get further into the year how it can slow down.
We were originally going to apply for fiance visa, but figured it would be less hassle and wait if he just came here to get married and then applied for the spousal visa.
Thanks for the reply ;)
September 2015, met online
January 2016, met in person
July 2016, engaged
May 1, 2017 married in US

• Liked: 6
« Reply #471 on: March 21, 2017, 01:56:49 PM »
Ooo, you got lucky there with a flight booked before the decision!

April 1st is my daughter's birthday.  Good day.  :)

I hope lucky enough to get approval. Really worried. Praying for approval..

ohh really? then my arrival in UK and your daughter's birthday will be same day if I get approval. Wishing your daughter happy early birthday. I will try to remember but just in case!!!

• Liked: 325
« Reply #472 on: March 21, 2017, 02:00:53 PM »
Thanks @larabee and @KFdancer
I do know that I can't apply for my visa until we have done all of the things (married/biometrics)  I was hopeful with all of the quick turnarounds, but I see as we get further into the year how it can slow down.
We were originally going to apply for fiance visa, but figured it would be less hassle and wait if he just came here to get married and then applied for the spousal visa.
Thanks for the reply ;)

The quick turnarounds seemed to halted the instant I got my confirmation.  I feel like I am a jinx.

• Liked: 16
« Reply #473 on: March 21, 2017, 02:12:23 PM »
Keep the faith. I've read through these timeline threads and most visas seem to be approved and awarded well within the time frame the Home Office describes in confirmation emails. Even though it's nerve wracking, it seems as if it's a bureaucratic process that needs to work itself through. Here's the timeline they described in my confirmation, and most posting here seem to be well inside this:

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date.  If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications.  As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

Fingers crossed and good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1
« Reply #474 on: March 21, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »
Congratulations to those who have gotten a response! So awesome!

Quick update on myself, I have yet to hear anything on my application submitted on January 17th. We have contacted our MP, so hopefully something will come of it soon!

I have a few question!
1. Does anyone know if using the enquiry service affects your application. I know they say they cannot influence your application and are rarely correct, but if you contact them more then once do you think this could negatively affect your application?
2. If you do not get a response within 12 weeks, what is a round about timescale to get it back? I am supposed to attend a wedding with my husband in the UK at then end of April, and I am worried I will not be able to attend.
3. God forbid my application is denied, I will be able to visit the UK as long as I have a return flight correct?

Sending positive vibes to all those who are "patiently" waiting!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2017, 03:25:50 PM »
1. Does anyone know if using the enquiry service affects your application. I know they say they cannot influence your application and are rarely correct, but if you contact them more then once do you think this could negatively affect your application?

I doubt it. The enquiry centre is just a call centre nowhere near Sheffield. All they can do is look up your application number in the system and tell you what it says.

They have no access to your application and I doubt Sheffield will even be aware that you've contacted the service.

2. If you do not get a response within 12 weeks, what is a round about timescale to get it back? I am supposed to attend a wedding with my husband in the UK at then end of April, and I am worried I will not be able to attend.

No idea, really - best thing would probably be to get your husband's MP involved... usually if they step in, they can get the application turned around within a few days.

3. God forbid my application is denied, I will be able to visit the UK as long as I have a return flight correct?

If you have a visa refusal, you are advised to apply for a visitor visa in advance of travel. Some people have had no issues with entering without a visa after a refusal, but it's a bit tricky if you've had a settlement visa refusal because that visa is to move to the UK and a visitor visa is for people just visiting the UK, so it could look a bit suspicious.

« Reply #476 on: March 21, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
Congratulations to those who have gotten a response! So awesome!

Quick update on myself, I have yet to hear anything on my application submitted on January 17th. We have contacted our MP, so hopefully something will come of it soon!

I have a few question!

Sending positive vibes to all those who are "patiently" waiting!

1.  It doesn't negatively impact your application.  Though I suspect that it could cause your application to be "pulled aside" and possibly take a few extra days before it's thrown back on the pile.  This is literally my own personal conspiracy theory though.  I say this as I've noticed that when people inquire about their application, they often don't get their decision emails in line with those "around them" and are a few days behind.  Again, I have ZERO factual basis for my theory.

2.  I've seen applications take over six months before.  They aim to have them complete in 12 weeks.  They don't HAVE to have them complete in 12 weeks.

3.  If the visa is refused, you'll need to apply for a visitor visa before traveling to the UK.  To do this, you'll need to show that you are a genuine tourist and not wanting to settle in the UK - which is near impossible after applying for a settlement visa.  We HAVE had members successfully do this though.  It's just a big uphill battle.  If your visa was refused, I would strongly recommend that you have your husband visit you or that you meet in a third country for a visit.  Wait to visit the UK until you've reapplied and addressed the reasons for the refusal, thus receiving your visa.

Again, no reason to think any of this will happen.  What has your MP said?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2017, 03:32:53 PM »
Thank you to both of you two for your advice! My husband also has the conspiracy theory that they will pull it aside for a few days too.

I have not heard back from the MP yet, it has been 5 days since I sent the email.

« Reply #478 on: March 21, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »
Thank you to both of you two for your advice! My husband also has the conspiracy theory that they will pull it aside for a few days too.

I have not heard back from the MP yet, it has been 5 days since I sent the email.

Have your husband call and/or set up a face-to-face with his MP.  That'll get things moving.  It's too easy for them to push an email to the side.

• Liked: 28
« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
Encouraging to see some a few days ahead of me getting emails or at least responses! Hopefully we will start to see others rolling in soon!!
Met: Sept 2008
US Fiancé Visa: June 2010
Married in US: July 2010
Son born: Feb 2012
Online Application: 24 Feb 2017
Biometrics: 27 Feb 3017
Sent application priority: 28 Feb 2017
Visa received: 29 Mar 2017--APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 13 April 2017

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab