Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 2017 Timeline  (Read 30565 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: 2017 Timeline
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 12:39:31 AM »
Congratulations!

I think Tier 2 visa emails do confirm whether it's been approved, yes. The process is different for them as well, since they're processed in New York and not Sheffield because they're not categorized as settlement visas.

Nonetheless, let's hope that this starts a flood for all the rest of us waiting to hear from Sheffield!

• Liked: 424
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2017, 12:43:01 AM »
Congratulations!!

Ok, so I'm sitting here going a bit nuts waiting to hear from Sheffield on a decision for my spousal visa and wondering.....what on earth could take two weeks to go through on my application?! Or does it just sit on a desk somewhere and then they spend a few hours actually looking at it?

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2017, 12:49:45 AM »
Who knows why it takes as long as it does. I think in essence, though, that's right--most of the time it just sits around waiting its turn and then, provided it's all straightforward, it get's processed in an hour or two by the ECO.

It is a shame that it's taking so much longer than expected, though. I wonder if the changing political situation in the world is somehow meaning they have a much longer backlog than they have in the past when it's taken about a week at this time of the year.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2017, 12:57:09 AM »
Congratulations!!

Ok, so I'm sitting here going a bit nuts waiting to hear from Sheffield on a decision for my spousal visa and wondering.....what on earth could take two weeks to go through on my application?! Or does it just sit on a desk somewhere and then they spend a few hours actually looking at it?

You received your confirmation email 2 weeks ago? Yikes! That makes me really worried now. Although mine isn't a spouse visa, (mine is "fiance") I assume processing time is similar? I did priority assuming it would only take a few days but seems like that's not going to happen. On their website is says 50% are processed in 2 weeks, 75% in 3 weeks...or something like that. I assumed priority would take half that time, but seeing as nobody has heard back, perhaps they're extremely delayed?

So much for January being the quickest time lol...or perhaps it just so happens everyones suddenly trying to leave the US for some strange (and very orange) reason :D

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2017, 01:05:10 AM »
So much for January being the quickest time lol...or perhaps it just so happens everyones suddenly trying to leave the US for some strange (and very orange) reason :D

As someone whose career theoretically depends on being politically and ideologically neutral, I assure you I have no idea what you can mean about that  :P

• Liked: 8
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 01:12:08 AM »
As someone whose career theoretically depends on being politically and ideologically neutral, I assure you I have no idea what you can mean about that  :P

Sounds like an interesting career!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2017, 01:18:50 AM »
I received my confirmation 6 days ago actually, I used priority as well but I have heard that I may be looking at two weeks! It's only been 4 business days.... And I'm already losing it.

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2017, 01:29:50 AM »
On Friday I'll be two weeks from confirmation (which only came a week after they actually received my application, which itself was an excruciating wait). I hope at least the decision email comes by then, but who knows if it will. One member on here (@mackdowell) just passed 15 days today and as far as I know she's had nothing  :o

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2017, 01:31:48 AM »
Omg! I actually had anxiety attacks yesterday and I'm about the calmest person you'll ever meet

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2017, 01:35:07 AM »
Yeah, me too. I keep waking up in the middle of the night and I'm convinced it's because my body feels compelled to check if I've got an email. Best thing to do is somehow keep yourself occupied, but that's easier said than done. I set everything up so I'd be ready to leave by mid-month so I've no responsibilities now. There are only so many shows I can watch and so many times I can repack!

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2017, 01:43:03 AM »
By the time the decision email gets here, that will be me drooling in the corner and muttering to myself.

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 01:50:44 AM »
Seriously, I love my wife more than life itself and we have waited so long to finally be together....this horrible wait and still not knowing if we can until the application is sent back is pure torture. Every single moment apart from each other is like an eternity of suffering.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 02:28:55 AM »

Sheesh, after reading this I REALLY wish i would have shelled out the extra dough for priority!!

So here's my timeline:

Settlement visa non priority:

Married in US
 November 5th
Applied online :
 Jan 17
 Biometrics:
Jan 23
Package sent:
Jan 23

And now the excruciatingly painful wait!!!!
I miss my husband so much.
I am actually at the pub as i am typing this. I hope I don't completely lose my marbles.
 Im living with roommates, and working at a job I hate.
 I don't belong here anymore, and it's extremely depressing.  Plus the fact that it's winter in Michigan does NOT help. 
Glad I have this forum to help keep me feeling connected and not so alone!
Good luck everyone!
I hope and pray that we shall all be with our loved ones in the UK very soon!!!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 02:59:17 AM »
Sheesh, after reading this I REALLY wish i would have shelled out the extra dough for priority!!

So here's my timeline:

Settlement visa non priority:

Married in US
 November 5th
Applied online :
 Jan 17
 Biometrics:
Jan 23
Package sent:
Jan 23

And now the excruciatingly painful wait!!!!
I miss my husband so much.
I am actually at the pub as i am typing this. I hope I don't completely lose my marbles.
 Im living with roommates, and working at a job I hate.
 I don't belong here anymore, and it's extremely depressing.  Plus the fact that it's winter in Michigan does NOT help. 
Glad I have this forum to help keep me feeling connected and not so alone!
Good luck everyone!
I hope and pray that we shall all be with our loved ones in the UK very soon!!!

I submitted non-priority around the same time (Jan 19th). You are most certainly not alone and I completely get it! Thinking about the shoulda woulda coulda won't help and its hard not to think like that but try not to! Many may not understand what we're going through but imagine the day you get there and hold on to that! We are so lucky to be able to afford and go through this process and have such great people waiting for us :) (At least this is all what I'm telling myself everyday to keep me sane).

Lots of love x 

• Liked: 116
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2017, 03:18:55 AM »
Ugh, it's so good to hear about other people feeling the same thing about the wait.  We're in our 11th week of waiting for our (non priority) visa.  I'm having to live with my parents and didn't get to see my husband at Christmas.  I thought once we were married everything would be a lot easier but this wait is probably the worst time of my life, and we can't arrange even a visit for him to come here because he needs to request off work pretty far in advance.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab